Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Sound distortion

Re: Sound distortion

sandy58

On Dec 22, 11:03*pm, "Preferred Customer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Same problem with headphones
>
> "Lookout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:52:45 -0500, "Preferred Customer"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >>I have a Dell Dimension 3000 2.8GZ computer with 1.25 GB of RAM.

> >>About 6 months ago the became distorted. The best description of this
> >>distortion is that the sound breaks up when a song is playing.

> >>So far the following fixes have not worked:

> >>I switched speakers but the same distortion comes through on different
> >>speakers.

> >>I added RAM - increasing from 512 MB to 1.25 GB ( based on a
> >>recommendation
> >>from someone on your site) but the same distortion came through after the
> >>change.

> >>I switched my music player from Dell music match jukebox to Windows media
> >>player 11 but the same distortion came through after the change.

> >>Does anyone have an idea as to what causes this?

> > Do you get the same with headphones?

Sounds like you have two players competing. You'll have to check what
players you have running. ie. Real Player, WMP etc & eliminate each
one in turn.
NOT particularly in Dalek- style elimination!