Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVDLab Pro help needed.

Reply
Thread Tools

DVDLab Pro help needed.

 
 
Dietmar Haltermann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-22-2008
Hi all,
Does anyone in this news group have DVDLab Pro and is willing
and or able to give some help?

Regards,
Max.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2009

"Dietmar Haltermann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ginfj8$6ui$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> Does anyone in this news group have DVDLab Pro and is willing
> and or able to give some help?


I do and am. But you might want to check the forum and search their
knowledge base:
http://www.mmbgroup.com/kb/


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2009

"Dietmar Haltermann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ginfj8$6ui$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> Does anyone in this news group have DVDLab Pro and is willing
> and or able to give some help?


I do and am. But you might want to check their forum first:
http://mmbforums.com/ipb/


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dietmar Haltermann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-04-2009

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gjlpmn$4av$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Dietmar Haltermann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ginfj8$6ui$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi all,
>> Does anyone in this news group have DVDLab Pro and is willing
>> and or able to give some help?

>
> I do and am. But you might want to check their forum first:
> http://mmbforums.com/ipb/
>

Thanks for your reply, Gary.

I spent about half hour with mmbforums. Only a few postings re DVD-lab.
Wenn I checked posting dates I gave up.
A help request made in mid 2008 with a simple problem had received no
reply at all.

I also tried to post in Videohelp, but for unknown reasons I can't log in.
They refute my email address as well as my name. An email sent 10 days
ago is ignored.

I like science, health and political and historic documentaries, which often
come in multi episodes. So I burn them to DVD which usually is
no problem but...

I use a pc tuner as well as 2 stand alone recorders. My location gives both
analog and digital signals. Both suffer frequently from interference but
usually not at the same time.

Result is that episodes of the same series may have different formats:
16/9 or 4/3 ratios. Sound files too sometimes have different formats.
Identical clips including chapters work fine from a common VTS menu.

DVD-lab advises use of a VMG menu with different VTS menus.
The idea is that the VMG menu titles link to individual VTS menus.

This works sometimes and at others I get error message saying as much
as that the VMG menu can only have links to one VTS ? This seems to
contradict the whole idea of a VMG menu.
Also returning from an episode back to the VMG menu is dicey.

I am usually good at working from printed manuals. The DVD-lab menu is a
very bad example of a printout of a pc based manual with lots of links to
other pages. This is fine if you can dedicate a separate pc for the manual.

But you cannot duplicate the pc link system in book form.
Not only would every link have to have the target page listed, but also the
target would give the origin page as well, but which origin page?

I would be grateful for any helpful advice

Regards,
Dietmar.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-04-2009
Hi Dietmar

> Result is that episodes of the same series may have different formats:
> 16/9 or 4/3 ratios. Sound files too sometimes have different formats.
> Identical clips including chapters work fine from a common VTS menu.
>
> DVD-lab advises use of a VMG menu with different VTS menus.
> The idea is that the VMG menu titles link to individual VTS menus.
>
> This works sometimes and at others I get error message saying as much
> as that the VMG menu can only have links to one VTS ? This seems to
> contradict the whole idea of a VMG menu.
> Also returning from an episode back to the VMG menu is dicey.


For multiple VTS, try creating a playlist. For the second VTS movie(s), put
them in the playlist (either the same one or separate, as desired).
You should be able to then link to that from the VMG menu, or indeed any
menu in VTS1!

To return back to previous menus at the end, use a "last menu return" object
and link the movies in VTS2 to that.

I would suggest transforming all sound files into AC3 for greater
compatibility. Use a high bit-rate to avoid any loss in quality.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on

Regards,
Gary



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dietmar Haltermann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2009

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gjq6jj$9jt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Dietmar
>
>> Result is that episodes of the same series may have different formats:
>> 16/9 or 4/3 ratios. Sound files too sometimes have different formats.
>> Identical clips including chapters work fine from a common VTS menu.
>>
>> DVD-lab advises use of a VMG menu with different VTS menus.
>> The idea is that the VMG menu titles link to individual VTS menus.
>>
>> This works sometimes and at others I get error message saying as much
>> as that the VMG menu can only have links to one VTS ? This seems to
>> contradict the whole idea of a VMG menu.
>> Also returning from an episode back to the VMG menu is dicey.

>
> For multiple VTS, try creating a playlist. For the second VTS movie(s),
> put
> them in the playlist (either the same one or separate, as desired).


I am not sure what a playlist is. Do you mean more than one title of same
format in VTS? Or is it something different?

> You should be able to then link to that from the VMG menu, or indeed any
> menu in VTS1!


That is where I have problems with the linking. Error messages say I cannot
link more than one VTS to the VMG, but sometimes I can. Frustrating!

> To return back to previous menus at the end, use a "last menu return"
> object
> and link the movies in VTS2 to that.


What is a "last menu return object"?

> I would suggest transforming all sound files into AC3 for greater
> compatibility. Use a high bit-rate to avoid any loss in quality.


Yes, I do that often if sound files are the only difference.

> Hope this helps, let me know how you get on
>
> Regards,
> Gary


Thanks for your patience, Gary.

Regards,
Dietmar.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-12-2009

"Dietmar Haltermann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gk73jp$6do$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I am not sure what a playlist is. Do you mean more than one title of same
> format in VTS? Or is it something different?


A playlist is an object you can link to which is like a container. I believe
it can contain movies from any VTS.

> That is where I have problems with the linking. Error messages say I
> cannot
> link more than one VTS to the VMG, but sometimes I can. Frustrating!


Just forget about the VMG menu for now. You can link from say, VTS1 to VTS2
in the way I've mentioned.

> What is a "last menu return object"?


It's just that
You'd normally link the movie to return to it at the end, so when it does
end it returns to the menu it was selected from.

To add one, go to the Connections window, right click, then select "Add".
You will then see a list of things you can add, including the playlist and
return to last menu objects.

Regards,
Gary


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dietmar Haltermann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2009

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gkffbr$7pl$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Dietmar Haltermann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gk73jp$6do$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I am not sure what a playlist is. Do you mean more than one title of same
>> format in VTS? Or is it something different?

>
> A playlist is an object you can link to which is like a container. I
> believe it can contain movies from any VTS.
>
>> That is where I have problems with the linking. Error messages say I
>> cannot
>> link more than one VTS to the VMG, but sometimes I can. Frustrating!

>
> Just forget about the VMG menu for now. You can link from say, VTS1 to
> VTS2 in the way I've mentioned.
>
>> What is a "last menu return object"?

>
> It's just that
> You'd normally link the movie to return to it at the end, so when it does
> end it returns to the menu it was selected from.
>
> To add one, go to the Connections window, right click, then select "Add".
> You will then see a list of things you can add, including the playlist and
> return to last menu objects.
>
> Regards,
> Gary
>

Hi Gary,
the last DVD turned out ok. Not quite sure why, but any
success is a success! So I'll stay with it for the time being.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Dietmar.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2009
Glad you got it working eventually


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Win2k Pro vs. WinXP Pro nameruse Computer Support 13 08-04-2004 08:21 AM
Laptop WinXP pro - Linksys WCG200 - PC Win2k pro Tim Fickes Wireless Networking 2 07-29-2004 10:33 PM
Exporting Favorites from one PC to another - XP Pro to XP Pro Treb Computer Support 1 11-29-2003 07:13 AM
Upgrade XP Home to XP Pro from Full XP Pro cd? V Computer Support 3 10-08-2003 07:27 AM



Advertisments