Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Firefox always comes up after login and reboot

Re: Firefox always comes up after login and reboot

Unruh

Keith Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>All:
> I have Mandriva Linux 2009 with KDE 3.5 and Firefox 3.0.1. After
>every reboot and login, Firefox pops up. I have looked in the .kde/Autostart
>directory and found nothing. I always remember to make sure that Firefox
>has closed properly before I log out. Can anyone help me stop this problem?

How do you log out?
right click on the desktop background. Select
Log Out "whatever_your_name_is"
This will remember the session as it exists at that point.
At least that how it is in 2008.1 and earlier.

>Keith Lee

wayne

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 07:32:13 +0000, James Kerr wrote:

> Unruh wrote:
>
>> Keith Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>
>>>All:
>>> I have Mandriva Linux 2009 with KDE 3.5 and Firefox 3.0.1. After
>>>every reboot and login, Firefox pops up. I have looked in the
>>>.kde/Autostart
>>>directory and found nothing. I always remember to make sure that
>>>Firefox
>>>has closed properly before I log out. Can anyone help me stop this
>>>problem?

>> How do you log out?
>> right click on the desktop background. Select Log Out
>> "whatever_your_name_is"
>> This will remember the session as it exists at that point. At least
>> that how it is in 2008.1 and earlier.
>>

> kcontrol/KDE components/Session Manager "Start with an empty session"
>
> Jim

You could try killing all instances of firefox and then "save session".

-- Wayne.