Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > null reference in application object

null reference in application object

Jim Meisterich

I am trying to move an application that i created to my isp. My application
runs on my local machine. Howerever I am gettting a null reference point to
an application variable I created.

In my default.aspx page I have the following line in my page load event

TextBox1.Text = Application["BaseURL"].ToString();

This triggers the
error.

Could there be something wrong with the way my isp has configured my asp.net
application? Any help is appreciated.

regards,
Jim Meisterich

Kevin Spencer

Apparently, the variable has not been intitialized. Where do you create it?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.

news:VUBlb.14120$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...