Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > IP Not Renewing

IP Not Renewing

=?Utf-8?B?UG9wcGEgRWFybA==?=

I am using an older compaq wireless usb adapter and for the longest time
everything was working well. However lately I cannot get online at all. The
adapter is getting a signal, the SSID and WEP is all configured correctly but
I keep getting an unusual IP address 169.254. XXX.XXX ans whenever I go to
release the IP I get nothing but a message that says the ip address is
0.0.0.0, when I go to renew I just get a blinking cursor. Sorry if this is
one of those asked a hundred times questions.

Thanks