Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: The sickening reality of high ISO on a P&S

Re: The sickening reality of high ISO on a P&S

Ray Fischer

John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:19:58 +0000, savvo
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
><(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>>On 2008-12-20, John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Simply not true.

>>While it's undoubtedly true that you can't see the defects, many people can.

>Correction: many people imagine them, with nothing to back up their

Now you're descending into irrational denial.

www.dpreview.com

--
Ray Fischer

Ray Fischer

John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote in
>>John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Unless and until you come up with something concrete and
>>>objective, I'm done.

>>www.dpreview.com

>In terms of resolution, the Leica super-zoom 36-432 mm (35 mm equiv)
>f/2.8-3.1 on the Panasonic DMC-FZ8 actually surpasses comparable dSLR;
>e.g., fixed prime Canon EF 50 mm f/1.4 on the EOS D60, 10D, and 300D, as

So your new Panasonic is comparable to SLR cameras 4+ years older.

I think that that says everything that we need to know. Thank you for
playing - please exit stage left.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

Ray Fischer

John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote in
>>John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote in

>>>In terms of resolution, the Leica super-zoom 36-432 mm (35 mm equiv)
>>>f/2.8-3.1 on the Panasonic DMC-FZ8 actually surpasses comparable dSLR;
>>>e.g., fixed prime Canon EF 50 mm f/1.4 on the EOS D60, 10D, and 300D, as

>>So your new Panasonic is comparable to SLR cameras 4+ years older.

>My old Panasonic is comparable to SLR cameras of similar resolution.

Crap.

>Since you've apparently missed them, there have been two generations
>since the FZ8, the FZ18 and now the FZ28.

The DMC-FZ8 was announced in 2/2007. The Canon 10D in 3/2003.
The Canon 300D in 8/2003. The D60 in 2/2002.

>>I think that that says everything that we need to know. Thank you for
>>playing - please exit stage left.

>You must feel threatened.

And yet you're the one making absurd, unsupported claims

> That would explain the need to compare a
>current dSLR to an older compact camera, and the stooping to
>discourtesy.

YOU compared the DMC-FZ8 with the much older SLRs. SLRs which have not
been in production for years. Maybe you're confusing your own idiocy
with mine?

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

Ray Fischer

John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote in
>>John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote in

>>>My old Panasonic is comparable to SLR cameras of similar resolution.

>>Crap.

>With that insult you concede the debate.

That's not an insult. This is an insult: You're a dishonest moron.

Now you REALLY have an excuse to run away, coward. Clearly you
realized that you were reduced to making stupid statements and decided
to cut your losses.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)