Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cannot get wireless notebook to connect to NT4.0 Server through WA

Cannot get wireless notebook to connect to NT4.0 Server through WA

=?Utf-8?B?SEFaTUlOSw==?=

I have a wireless router that has been turned into a wireless access point
for my Windows NT4.0 network. I have WEP and MAC addressing enabled on the
WAP. I have a W2K desktop that has no problem connecting to the system and
getting an IP from the NT server. However I just received a new Notebook
that has XP Pro and it will connect to the network but cannot resolve IP. It
is saying that it is connected with limited or no access. I have put in the
WEP key and made sure that it was correct. I have tried repairing the
connect too many times to count. What should I do? I cannot connect to my
network (wirelessly, wired works fine).

=?Utf-8?B?SEFaTUlOSw==?=

Just a little more info. DHCP is controlled through the NT 4.0. When I
check the IP on the wireless card it is not in the range of IP's for the
network.

"HAZMINK" wrote:

> I have a wireless router that has been turned into a wireless access point
> for my Windows NT4.0 network. I have WEP and MAC addressing enabled on the
> WAP. I have a W2K desktop that has no problem connecting to the system and
> getting an IP from the NT server. However I just received a new Notebook
> that has XP Pro and it will connect to the network but cannot resolve IP. It
> is saying that it is connected with limited or no access. I have put in the
> WEP key and made sure that it was correct. I have tried repairing the
> connect too many times to count. What should I do? I cannot connect to my
> network (wirelessly, wired works fine).

=?Utf-8?B?SEFaTUlOSw==?=

Okay when I turned of the WEP (128 automatic) it was able to connect and get
an IP.