Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista x64 SP2 Beta and Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2

Vista x64 SP2 Beta and Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2

troutman

Finally found this information today on a Microsoft blog which I accessed
from Microsoft Connect. This reply was posted by what appears to be a
Microsoft employee in response to two questions similar to the one I posted
here -
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
# re: IE December Out-of-Band release

Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:39 AM by Terry McCoy [MSFT]

@Jan Dzikowski

@Glen

Security is the priority here. If you are running Vista SP2 Beta with IE 8
Beta 2, I suggest you uninstall one of the two beta products to get a patch
that will make you secure. Vista SP2 Beta was not a released product when
IE 8 Beta 2 shipped. Technical issues prevented us from building a patch
for this particular scenario.

PhilSweet - you apparently did what is necessary to install the patch by
uninstalling SP2 Beta. Yet another example of why there is sometimes pain
associated with being on the bleeding edge.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...