Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > calling anchors on split divisions

calling anchors on split divisions

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Old hardware user
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:f0fqk4lh97bhhio7tld5nfujbnsmvlc6r9@
4ax.com:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:06:10 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>Like can you imagine trying to surf the net on a 300 baud accoustical
>>modem? ....

> The acoustic modems were 110 baud. Those blazingly fast 300 baud
> modems were all electronic. Ah, the days of D/Ling a text file on the
> Atari 800XL and being able to read the entire document as it went
> through the buffer on its way to the floppy disk.

1980, Beverly Hill, we had a "telecopier" that used a coupler. I was
wearing a dress with long fringed collar. Wasn't paying attention,
fringe started "faxing" - Thank God it was slow, I just had to remove
the handset from the coupler. I would probably be dead with modern fax
machines.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

Neredbojias

On 20 Dec 2008, Adrienne Boswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> The acoustic modems were 110 baud. Those blazingly fast 300 baud
>> modems were all electronic. Ah, the days of D/Ling a text file on the
>> Atari 800XL and being able to read the entire document as it went
>> through the buffer on its way to the floppy disk.
>>

> 1980, Beverly Hill, we had a "telecopier" that used a coupler. I was
> wearing a dress with long fringed collar. Wasn't paying attention,
> fringe started "faxing" - Thank God it was slow, I just had to remove
> the handset from the coupler. I would probably be dead with modern fax
> machines.

Or naked <evil grin>.

--
Neredbojias