Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Apache HTTP web server and ASP.NET...

Apache HTTP web server and ASP.NET...

Blue Streak

Hello,

What is the best way to get ASP.NET to work with the Apache HTTP
server on a Windows platform?

a) The mod_aspdotnet (retired module)?

b) Using the XSD (mono) web server where Apache delegates tasks off to
it?

c) Using the Cassini (UltiDev) web server in a similar setup as (b)
where tasks are delegated to it based on the service?

TIA...

Tim Greer

Blue Streak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What is the best way to get ASP.NET to work with the Apache HTTP
> server on a Windows platform?
>
> a) The mod_aspdotnet (retired module)?
>
> b) Using the XSD (mono) web server where Apache delegates tasks off to
> it?
>
> c) Using the Cassini (UltiDev) web server in a similar setup as (b)
> where tasks are delegated to it based on the service?
>
> TIA...

Do you need to run them on the same port? If not, I'd use IIS for ASP
and Apache for everything else you don't need IIS for. If you need to
use the same port, I'd recommend using IIS for ASP and Apache normally
-- but with a proxy (or other similar solutions) so you can use both
seamlessly.

Johnw

Blue Streak formulated the question :
> What is the best way to get ASP.NET to work with the Apache HTTP
> server on a Windows platform?
> a) The mod_aspdotnet (retired module)?
> b) Using the XSD (mono) web server where Apache delegates tasks off to
> it?
> c) Using the Cassini (UltiDev) web server in a similar setup as (b)
> where tasks are delegated to it based on the service?

http://www.devside.net/download/FAQ.html

Ari

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:29:49 -0800 (PST), Blue Streak wrote:

> What is the best way to get ASP.NET to work with the Apache HTTP
> server on a Windows platform?

Hire us.
--
Meet Ari!