Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can't create VS Project

Can't create VS Project

Mr. TW

Hi all,

I've scanned Google Newsgroups, but although similar problems were discussed
there seemed to be no solution for the following.

I am using Windows 2003 Server, Evaluation Edition (Build 371 and a trial
version of vs.net 2003 enterprise edition, both on the same machine. all
specific instructions this couple needed for setting up vs.net had been
executed (e.g. installing a 2nd version of .net framework etc.). After a
couple of extra activities, VS.Net finally installed fine!

When trying to create a new VB ASP.Net Application project, the following
error msg comes up:

*****
Window Title: Web Access failed.

The default web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the
project folder at 'http://localhost/WebApplication1' cannot be opened with
'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1'. The error returned was:

Unable to create web-project 'WebApplication1'. The filepath
'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1' does not correspond to the URL
'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. The two need to map to the same server
location. HTTP error 404: Not found.

Do you want to.... (etc.)

*****

What I tried to do is maximize ASPNET's user access rights. Basically,
ASPNET is now granted Administrator rights. I restarted the machine - did
not help. I also allowed Directory Browsing and Execution of Scripts and
Executables to the root web - with no effect.

Who has a clue what the problem might be?

Tim Walter
Management Consultant

John Soulis [MSFT]

Please check to see if the article will apply to your issue.
817264 PRB: "Web Access Failed" Error Message When You Use Visual Studio
.NET
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817264

Thank you, John Soulis
Microsoft, ASP.NET

Mr. TW

Hi John,

the article 817264 was a 100% Match. Thanks a lot for pointing me to it.

Tim Walter
Management Consultant
Hamburg, Germany

"John Soulis [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please check to see if the article will apply to your issue.
> 817264 PRB: "Web Access Failed" Error Message When You Use Visual Studio
> NET
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817264
>
> Thank you, John Soulis
> Microsoft, ASP.NET
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no

rights.

John Soulis [MSFT]

No problem. I am glad it helped.
Thank you, John Soulis