Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > cheap freight from Oz?

cheap freight from Oz?

Squiggle

Can anybody recommend a company that does cheap freigth of smallish
packages from Australia? Thinking about getting some stuff on Ebay, but
unfortunately the freight costs are just ridiculous. $120 freight on a
$60 1RU router that weighs all of 7kg or so.

If anybody can point me in the direction of a cheap freight/courier
company i'd appreciate it.

Tony in Oz

"Squiggle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4948a72b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anybody recommend a company that does cheap freigth of smallish
> packages from Australia? Thinking about getting some stuff on Ebay, but
> unfortunately the freight costs are just ridiculous. $120 freight on a
> $60 1RU router that weighs all of 7kg or so.
>
> If anybody can point me in the direction of a cheap freight/courier
> company i'd appreciate it.

I'd bring it over for ya for nothing, but I'm leaving tonight...

Squiggle

Tony in Oz wrote:
> "Squiggle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4948a72b$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anybody recommend a company that does cheap freigth of smallish
>> packages from Australia? Thinking about getting some stuff on Ebay, but
>> unfortunately the freight costs are just ridiculous. $120 freight on a
>> $60 1RU router that weighs all of 7kg or so.
>>
>> If anybody can point me in the direction of a cheap freight/courier
>> company i'd appreciate it.

> I'd bring it over for ya for nothing, but I'm leaving tonight...

cheers for the offer, but this may be an ongoing thing.

Mike Dee

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:15:54 +1300, Squiggle wrote:

> Can anybody recommend a company that does cheap freigth of smallish
> packages from Australia? Thinking about getting some stuff on Ebay, but
> unfortunately the freight costs are just ridiculous. $120 freight on a $60
> 1RU router that weighs all of 7kg or so.

Thet's just f*scking rediculous! Try aussie post (click "International
charges" link and work it out for 7kg). And they *can't be* the cheapest.

<http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/>

Most expensive rate with Aussie post is $103 for 7500 gms (but it does
look like about $70+ at lowest rate with AP).

Somebody wants to charge you P&H

Cheers.

--
dee