Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 40d

Reply
Thread Tools

Canon 40d

 
 
Samantha Booth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-17-2008
Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Silicon Sam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-17-2008
On Dec 16, 6:22*pm, "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:gi9gl4$cjs$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

>
> Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take please.. I
> cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably


It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
etc...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Samantha Booth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-17-2008

"Silicon Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Dec 16, 6:22 pm, "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:gi9gl4$cjs$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

>
> Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take please.
> I
> cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably


It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
etc...

Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

 
Reply With Quote
 
Clair Johnston
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-17-2008
Samantha Booth wrote:
>
> "Silicon Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Dec 16, 6:22 pm, "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:gi9gl4$cjs$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> > Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

>>
>> Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take
>> please. I
>> cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably

>
> It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
> mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
> etc...
>
> Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

There are SD to CF adapters. I have been using one with my D300. Works
fine. Here is an example http://www.adorama.com/ICDSDTCFA.html Camera
must accept type 2 CF cards.

Clair
 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul Furman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2008
Clair Johnston wrote:
> Samantha Booth wrote:
>>
>> "Silicon Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Dec 16, 6:22 pm, "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>> "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> news:gi9gl4$cjs$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> > Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please
>>>
>>> Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take
>>> please. I
>>> cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably

>>
>> It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
>> mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
>> etc...
>>
>> Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

> There are SD to CF adapters. I have been using one with my D300. Works
> fine. Here is an example http://www.adorama.com/ICDSDTCFA.html Camera
> must accept type 2 CF cards.


Type 2 is microdrive, they are fatter and newer cameras may not accept
them such as Nikon D700. Microdrive is a mini hard drive that was once
cheaper than compact flash in larger capacity sizes. It looks to be a
dead or dying technology. Not to say the solution hasn't worked for you
but...

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

all google groups messages filtered due to spam
 
Reply With Quote
 
Clair Johnston
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2008
Paul Furman wrote:
> Clair Johnston wrote:
>> Samantha Booth wrote:
>>>
>>> "Silicon Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> On Dec 16, 6:22 pm, "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> wrote:
>>>> "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>
>>>> news:gi9gl4$cjs$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>
>>>> > Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please
>>>>
>>>> Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take
>>>> please. I
>>>> cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably
>>>
>>> It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
>>> mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
>>> etc...
>>>
>>> Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

>> There are SD to CF adapters. I have been using one with my D300.
>> Works fine. Here is an example http://www.adorama.com/ICDSDTCFA.html
>> Camera must accept type 2 CF cards.

>
> Type 2 is microdrive, they are fatter and newer cameras may not accept
> them such as Nikon D700. Microdrive is a mini hard drive that was once
> cheaper than compact flash in larger capacity sizes. It looks to be a
> dead or dying technology. Not to say the solution hasn't worked for you
> but...
>

What I was pointing out was that there are adapters to allow the use of
SD cards in cameras that use CF Type 2 cards. CF Type 2 is not limited
to microdrive as you suggest. Just to be clear, my solution was not
microdrive, but using SD cards in my D300.

Clair
 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul Furman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2008
Clair Johnston wrote:
> Paul Furman wrote:
>> Clair Johnston wrote:
>>> Samantha Booth wrote:
>>>>
>>>> "Silicon Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>
>>>> On Dec 16, 6:22 pm, "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> "Samantha Booth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>>
>>>>> news:gi9gl4$cjs$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>>
>>>>> > Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please
>>>>>
>>>>> Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take
>>>>> please. I
>>>>> cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably
>>>>
>>>> It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
>>>> mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
>>>> etc...
>>>>
>>>> Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas
>>> There are SD to CF adapters. I have been using one with my D300.
>>> Works fine. Here is an example http://www.adorama.com/ICDSDTCFA.html
>>> Camera must accept type 2 CF cards.

>>
>> Type 2 is microdrive, they are fatter and newer cameras may not accept
>> them such as Nikon D700. Microdrive is a mini hard drive that was once
>> cheaper than compact flash in larger capacity sizes. It looks to be a
>> dead or dying technology. Not to say the solution hasn't worked for
>> you but...
>>

> What I was pointing out was that there are adapters to allow the use of
> SD cards in cameras that use CF Type 2 cards. CF Type 2 is not limited
> to microdrive as you suggest. Just to be clear, my solution was not
> microdrive, but using SD cards in my D300.


Understood, I'm just saying it looks like CF type 2 is being phased out
for compatibility with newer cameras.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

all google groups messages filtered due to spam
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canon 40D vs Canon 450D (XSi) measekite Digital Photography 8 06-21-2008 04:07 AM
preorder canon 40d & 1ds mk iii at amazon nospam Digital Photography 6 08-20-2007 05:38 PM
Canon 40D - When?? MJL Photo Digital Photography 10 08-03-2007 09:33 PM
QUESTION: Canon 40D - any credible evidence it's really coming? BD Digital Photography 10 06-14-2007 05:05 PM
Canon 30D (and 40D?) King Sardon Digital Photography 10 01-10-2007 05:59 PM



Advertisments