Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Wireless 3GHWIC + Telstra

Cisco Wireless 3GHWIC + Telstra

Damian

Am looking at a solution for a client who is currently utilising Cisco
Wireless
3GHWIC cards.

Has there been a firmware update to allow the cards to burst to use
the full bandwidth that Telstra offers with the 3G Network now. Or are
the cards limitied to 7.2Mbps.

I have found that "difference in 3g speed is just the QAM, self
powered divices are usally locked to a speed due to the fact the clock
is not to spec on the new QAM, WIC cards get a solid clock from the
socket" .

So looking to see if a firmware upgrade will do this and if so what
version of firmware, is it v1.1.9.3 that will allow them to utilise
the full bandwidth of 14.4Mbps.

Thanks

Damian

noone

The 3GHWIC uses a Sierra MC8775 mini card.

I know this, as I updated the firmware on my laptops Sierra 8775 with
the firmware from Cisco (my notebook manufacturer doesn't seem to
bother with updates)

As it is the MC8775 card, the max download speed is 3.6 Mbps, and
upload speed is 384 Kbps.

Have a look at:
http://www.sierrawireless.com/produc...omparison.aspx

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:54:44 -0800 (PST), Damian
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Am looking at a solution for a client who is currently utilising Cisco
>Wireless
>3GHWIC cards.
>
>Has there been a firmware update to allow the cards to burst to use
>the full bandwidth that Telstra offers with the 3G Network now. Or are
>the cards limitied to 7.2Mbps.
>
>I have found that "difference in 3g speed is just the QAM, self
>powered divices are usally locked to a speed due to the fact the clock
>is not to spec on the new QAM, WIC cards get a solid clock from the
>socket" .
>
>So looking to see if a firmware upgrade will do this and if so what
>version of firmware, is it v1.1.9.3 that will allow them to utilise
>the full bandwidth of 14.4Mbps.
>
>Thanks
>
>Damian

Tom

Telstra Clear Motorola connection to Cisco SRP527 Geoff NZ Computing 1 04-01-2011 02:03 AM
Cisco 1841+ADSL+3GHWIC kalaba Cisco 0 10-05-2009 12:59 PM
Why is Telstra in AU unable to connect with Fidelity and other US brokerage sites? nickra Computer Support 0 06-07-2007 05:48 AM
wireless router setup with telstra clear nana@somewehre.com NZ Computing 3 06-05-2007 03:46 PM
Re: wireless router setup with telstra clear Malcolm NZ Computing 0 06-05-2007 12:33 PM

Advertisments