Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook emails invisible except in Search

Outlook emails invisible except in Search

Jim Beaver

My Outlook program (in Vista) files incoming emails into their proper
folders. It all works fine, EXCEPT for one folder (named Putnam). Incoming
emails to the Putnam folder do not show up in the folder. However, if I do
a search in All Mail Folders, the emails show up. A search in the
individual Putnam folder does NOT turn up the email. Yet, in the All Mail
Folders search, when the emails show up, they are indicated as residing in
the Putnam folder.

This just started. All previous emails intended for the Putnam folder are
there, visible and accessible. It's only in the past two days that anything
new going to that folder is invisible unless I do a search in All Mail
Folders.

There are a couple hundred emails residing in that folder.

Ideas?

Jim Beaver

Evan Platt

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:22:52 -0800, "Jim Beaver"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My Outlook program (in Vista) files incoming emails into their proper
>folders. It all works fine, EXCEPT for one folder (named Putnam). Incoming
>emails to the Putnam folder do not show up in the folder. However, if I do
>a search in All Mail Folders, the emails show up. A search in the
>individual Putnam folder does NOT turn up the email. Yet, in the All Mail
>Folders search, when the emails show up, they are indicated as residing in
>the Putnam folder.
>
>This just started. All previous emails intended for the Putnam folder are
>there, visible and accessible. It's only in the past two days that anything
>new going to that folder is invisible unless I do a search in All Mail
>Folders.
>
>There are a couple hundred emails residing in that folder.

I don't use OutHouse, but look for something like show / hide? Perhaps
you've selected to HIDE read messages, or SHOW only unread messages,
or some combination?

Jim Beaver

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:22:52 -0800, "Jim Beaver"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>My Outlook program (in Vista) files incoming emails into their proper
>>folders. It all works fine, EXCEPT for one folder (named Putnam).
>>Incoming
>>emails to the Putnam folder do not show up in the folder. However, if I
>>do
>>a search in All Mail Folders, the emails show up. A search in the
>>individual Putnam folder does NOT turn up the email. Yet, in the All Mail
>>Folders search, when the emails show up, they are indicated as residing in
>>the Putnam folder.
>>
>>This just started. All previous emails intended for the Putnam folder are
>>there, visible and accessible. It's only in the past two days that
>>anything
>>new going to that folder is invisible unless I do a search in All Mail
>>Folders.
>>
>>There are a couple hundred emails residing in that folder.

> I don't use OutHouse, but look for something like show / hide? Perhaps
> you've selected to HIDE read messages, or SHOW only unread messages,
> or some combination?

Nope. Checked that. Anyway, it's the UNREAD messages that are invisible in
this case, or rather, they're invisible whether they're read or unread.

Jim Beaver

Evan Platt

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:53:00 -0800, "Jim Beaver"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nope. Checked that. Anyway, it's the UNREAD messages that are invisible in
>this case, or rather, they're invisible whether they're read or unread.

Well, again, I don't use Outhouse, but either a database is corrupt:

http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/outlook/repair.html

Or something is checked to hide those messages.

Centre Parting

Do you have more than one Putnam folder ?

Jim Beaver wrote:
> My Outlook program (in Vista) files incoming emails into their proper
> folders. It all works fine, EXCEPT for one folder (named Putnam).
> Incoming emails to the Putnam folder do not show up in the folder.
> However, if I do a search in All Mail Folders, the emails show up. A
> search in the individual Putnam folder does NOT turn up the email. Yet, in
> the All Mail Folders search, when the emails show up, they
> are indicated as residing in the Putnam folder.
>
> This just started. All previous emails intended for the Putnam
> folder are there, visible and accessible. It's only in the past two
> days that anything new going to that folder is invisible unless I do
> a search in All Mail Folders.
>
> There are a couple hundred emails residing in that folder.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

"Centre Parting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you have more than one Putnam folder ?

No.

Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

"Terry's Web Server" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Jim Beaver wrote:
>> My Outlook program (in Vista) files incoming emails into their proper
>> folders. It all works fine, EXCEPT for one folder (named Putnam).
>> Incoming emails to the Putnam folder do not show up in the folder.
>> However, if I do a search in All Mail Folders, the emails show up. A
>> search in the individual Putnam folder does NOT turn up the email. Yet,
>> in the All Mail Folders search, when the emails show up, they are
>> indicated as residing in the Putnam folder.
>>
>> This just started. All previous emails intended for the Putnam folder
>> are there, visible and accessible. It's only in the past two days that
>> anything new going to that folder is invisible unless I do a search in
>> All Mail Folders.
>>
>> There are a couple hundred emails residing in that folder.
>>
>> Ideas?

> Maybe, you need to go to View/Current View and see what the setting for
> viewing the folder is set to. It may not be set like the others where you
> can see all messages.

Checked and double-checked. Not the problem, AFAICS.

Jim Beaver

OldMan

What version of Outlook?
pop3 set up?
Youve run scanpst.exe on your data file?

"Jim Beaver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EJY1l.10754$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Centre Parting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Do you have more than one Putnam folder ?

> No.
>
> Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

"OldMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tUY1l.10279$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> What version of Outlook?

2007 12.0.6316.5000

> pop3 set up?

yes. (was this a yes or no question?)

> Youve run scanpst.exe on your data file?

Can't find this on my computer and don't know what it is.

Thanks.