Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: dvd drive error message

Re: dvd drive error message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

[[And your IE question would be...? Forwarded to Windows x64bit General
newsgroup via crosspost...again.]]

theclyburns wrote:
> I have windows xp pro 64 bit. i also have 2 dvd drives. one is dvd rom and
> the other is a burner. everytime i put a dvd or cd in one of them, while
> it
> works fine, when i open the drive to remove the media i get an error
> message:
>
> Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 7c7df5f8 3cec48f8
> 7c7df5f8
> 7c7df5f8
>
> and i get this message twice even though i have only opened one of the
> drives once. has anybody ever seen this happen before???

Carlos

Hi,
I did some googling and found as a common denominator an issue related to
drive lettering conflicts, as if two or more devices (removable and internal)
were fighting for that letter.
Some advices found:
Disable your floppy drive in BIOS.
Uninstall any virtual drive you may have.
Manually assign a different letter, via disk management (Start, Run,
diskmgmt.msc <ENTER>), to the external drives (pen drive, SD card, carry
disk, etc.), don't let them share the letters.
If the problem is still there I would delete both problematic drives from
Device Manager, turn off the pc, unplug both of them and reboot.
Let Windows detect that those drives are not there and then turn off the PC.
Plug one of them, boot, assign manually one letter.
Turn off the PC, plug the other on, boot, assign manually another letter.
Carlos