Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > using 32-bit flash java with 64 bit IE on a 64 bit system

using 32-bit flash java with 64 bit IE on a 64 bit system

BP

Color me doubly embarrassed. Not only did I have the memory lapse noted
below, but I missed a few letters in the subject line of my original post.

Anyway, I remember having found a thread describing a
way to make 32-bit java (or maybe Flash) work in 64-bit Internet
Explorer. (Vista Home Premium system) The process was simple, just
copy a couple files into a different directory. I followed the
instructions, and it worked. Now I'm thinking of uninstalling those
files, and I can't find the thread to know what I copied where. Anyone
out there recall the discussion and description of what was copied
where?

Thanks in advance.

Tony Sperling

Personally I do not recall any of this, but in your place I would re-install
the original package and maybe print a screenshot of anything Java'ish to
see if I could spot what it is that changes.

Tony. . .

"BP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1jpqqjax0zw8e$.1ffoe2k4h93jx$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Color me doubly embarrassed. Not only did I have the memory lapse noted
> below, but I missed a few letters in the subject line of my original post.
>
> Anyway, I remember having found a thread describing a
> way to make 32-bit java (or maybe Flash) work in 64-bit Internet
> Explorer. (Vista Home Premium system) The process was simple, just
> copy a couple files into a different directory. I followed the
> instructions, and it worked. Now I'm thinking of uninstalling those
> files, and I can't find the thread to know what I copied where. Anyone
> out there recall the discussion and description of what was copied
> where?
>
> Thanks in advance.

PhilSweet

There is now a version of Sun Java for X64. See Post below "Sun Java for IE
x64"