Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Here you go Pennywise.

Re: Here you go Pennywise.

richard

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:11:11 -0500, Terry's Web Server
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2304

Obviously rigged.
Not even included in the top 12 was IE 7.
Let alone any known microsoft product.
IE has been so buggy and unpredictable it has the worst reputation
around.
With probably more security holes than have been fixed.

richard

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:47:29 -0500, Terry's Web Server
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>richard wrote:
>
><snipped>
>
>You sound like a Linux user. Ya know, the kind of people that always
>have an excuse.

That would be mac users. I use neither.
The only reason I use IE is to check a web site that I wrote.

Llanzlan Klazmon

On Dec 17, 4:33*am, Terry's Web Server <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> richard wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:47:29 -0500, Terry's Web Server
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> richard wrote:

> >> <snipped>

> >> You sound like a Linux user. Ya know, the kind of people that always
> >> have an excuse.

> > That would be mac users. I use neither.
> > The only reason I use IE is to check a web site that I wrote.

> The only reason I use IE is because I don't have a problem using IE.

Well I hope you have set your security settings to 'high' as M$
advise:

"An unpatched security hole in Internet Explorer that is being
exploited affects all versions of the browser, making it more serious
than originally believed when it was first publicized two days ago,
Microsoft says.

Microsoft is investigating reports of attacks against a new
vulnerability in IE but said in an update to a security advisory
issued late on Thursday that all versions of IE are potentially
vulnerable.

The company recommends setting the Internet zone security setting to
"high" and using access control lists to disable Ole32db.dll to
provide the most effective protection against an attack."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-101...20&part=sphere

hwf

Terry's Web Server wrote:
> Llanzlan Klazmon wrote:
>>> The only reason I use IE is because I don't have a problem using IE.

>> Well I hope you have set your security settings to 'high' as M$
>> advise:
>>

> <copied>
>
> Microsoft's updated advisory lists a number of mitigating factors:
> Protected Mode in IE 7 and IE 8 in Windows Vista limits the impact of
> the vulnerability; IE on Windows Server 2003 and 2008 runs in a
> restricted mode known as Enhanced Security Configuration that sets the
> security level for the Internet to high; the attacker could only gain
> the same user rights as the local user; known attacks can not exploit
> the issue automatically through e-mail.
>
> <copied>
>
> I use IE 7 on Vista in protected mode, it is set to 'high', and I am
> Standard user on the Internet 100% of the time with UAC enabled.
>
> I use IE 7 on Win 2k3 on my development machine on the job in Enhanced
> Security Configuration.
>
> I am not concerned about it.

Of course not: you're a pinhead
According to the article on slashdot, you're still vulnerable.
The patch is supposedly coming but theres a registry hack to disable a
..dll file that works...
If somwon would gimme the farking link to the instructions...

hwأf

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:10:07 -0500, Terry's Web Server aided th' terraists
with the following claims :

> §ñühw¤£f wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> The Smirnoff drunk is loose, again and everyday in this NG.

Weasels ripped my flesh...

http://www.alternet.org

Aardvark

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:29:19 -0700, §ñühwØ£f wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:10:07 -0500, Terry's Web Server aided th'
> terraists with the following claims :
>
>> §ñühw¤£f wrote:
>>
>> <snipped>
>>
>> The Smirnoff drunk is loose, again and everyday in this NG.

> Weasels ripped my flesh...

LOL I remember that album from way back in 1968 or 1969.

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

§ñühw¤£f

Aardvark wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:29:19 -0700, §ñühwØ£f wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:10:07 -0500, Terry's Web Server aided th'
>> terraists with the following claims :
>>
>>> §ñühw¤£f wrote:
>>>
>>> <snipped>
>>>
>>> The Smirnoff drunk is loose, again and everyday in this NG.

>> Weasels ripped my flesh...

> LOL I remember that album from way back in 1968 or 1969.

LUMPY GRAVY!!!!

Suzy Creamcheese, whats got into you?

§ñühw¤£f

Terry's Web Server wrote:
> §ñühwØ£f wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:10:07 -0500, Terry's Web Server aided th'
>> terraists
>> with the following claims :
>>
>>> §ñühw¤£f wrote:
>>>
>>> <snipped>
>>>
>>> The Smirnoff drunk is loose, again and everyday in this NG.

>> Weasels ripped my flesh...
>>

> Did you call your daddy a weasel when he beat your ass everyday with a
> hanger in the basement drunk on Smirnoff? That metal hanger had to hurt
> and calling him a weasel was not good enough. You should have called him
> a old Smirnoff drunken weasel to get him mad enough to take a pipe to
> your ass.

Interesting.
I was not aware...that Bucky had a long lost twin sister on teh intanets!

<nods>

Aardvark

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:27:17 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

> Aardvark wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:29:19 -0700, §ñühwØ£f wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:10:07 -0500, Terry's Web Server aided th'
>>> terraists with the following claims :

>>> Weasels ripped my flesh...

>> LOL I remember that album from way back in 1968 or 1969.
>>

> LUMPY GRAVY!!!!
>
> Suzy Creamcheese, whats got into you?

Just looked at the wiki- it seems it was 1970, although if I thought it
was '69 or earlier it must have appeared early in the year.

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

hwأf

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 23:32:04 -0500, Terry's Web Server aided th' terraists
with the following claims :

> §ñühw¤£f wrote:
>>
>> Interesting.
>> I was not aware...that Bucky had a long lost twin sister on teh intanets!
>>

> That would be the drunken you, Smirnoff. Of course, you can't remember
> anything from one day to next as your brains cells don't have time to
> dry out -- mercy, mercy.

So basicly you're saying that daddy used to come home from the bar and
beat you senseless?
My condolences.

http://www.alternet.org