Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > /*Apologize [OT]*/

/*Apologize [OT]*/

c.prog.fan@googlemail.com

Hi,

#define Off_Topic
/*

Some days ago during a discussion [1] I made some posts which seemed
to annoy Mr James Kuyper and Mr Nick Keighley. For that I apologize
again ; I did not really mean to. I ask them that if they see no
problem for me to post here more inform me either by sending an email
to the email address or a reply here. If either will not send a reply
or disagree with that then I should not post on this news group more
questions. Thanks for your time.

[1] see http://groups.google.com/group/comp....fc1cd6034e5c8e

*/
#undef Off_Topic

Regards.

Joachim Schmitz

> Hi,
>
> #define Off_Topic
> /*
>
> Some days ago during a discussion [1] I made some posts which seemed
> to annoy Mr James Kuyper and Mr Nick Keighley. For that I apologize
> again ; I did not really mean to. I ask them that if they see no
> problem for me to post here more inform me either by sending an email
> to the email address or a reply here. If either will not send a reply
> or disagree with that then I should not post on this news group more
> questions. Thanks for your time.
>
> [1] see
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....fc1cd6034e5c8e
>
> */
> #undef Off_Topic
>
> Regards.

I see no indication whatsoever that anyone participating in that thread was
annoyed by your post.

Bye, Jojo

jameskuyper

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> #define Off_Topic
> /*
>
> Some days ago during a discussion [1] I made some posts which seemed
> to annoy Mr James Kuyper and Mr Nick Keighley. For that I apologize
> again ; I did not really mean to. I ask them that if they see no
> problem for me to post here more inform me either by sending an email
> to the email address or a reply here. If either will not send a reply
> or disagree with that then I should not post on this news group more
> questions. Thanks for your time.
>
> [1] see http://groups.google.com/group/comp....fc1cd6034e5c8e
>
> */
> #undef Off_Topic

I have no objection to you posting here. I just strongly recommended
that if you actually wish to get a useful answer to a question, that
you provide all of the relevant information we might need to give you
that answer. Keep in mind that if you understood the problem well
enough to known which information was relevant, you probably wouldn't
need to ask the question. Therefore, be generous with the information
you provide, and respond promptly (and more importantly, in a truly
responsive fashion) to requests for more information.

James Harris

On 15 Dec, 18:13, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> #define Off_Topic
> /*
>
> Some days ago during a discussion [1] I made some posts which seemed
> to annoy Mr James Kuyper and Mr Nick Keighley. For that I apologize
> again ; I did not really mean to. I ask them that if they see no
> problem for me to post here more inform me either by sending an email
> to the email address or a reply here. If either will not send a reply
> or disagree with that then I should not post on this news group more
> questions. Thanks for your time.
>
> [1] seehttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/browse_thread/thread/70fc1...

Hey don't stop posting even if people seem to be upset. The replies
you mention above seemed quite calm and I don't think they would want
you to stop posting. Even if they did they do not own this newsgroup.
Comp.lang.c is just as much your resource as anyone else's.

By the way, be aware that anyone posting to Usenet might get some
abusive replies. If you get any abuse just ignore it as we all have to
from time to time.

On the other hand you may get some suggestions put impolitely. Try to
take on board any suggestions you consider as valid and ignore the
tone in which they appear to be given. Humans are often less courteous
when writing to people they will never meet than they would be face to
face.

HTH and keep those posts coming....

James

nick_keighley_nospam@hotmail.com

On 15 Dec, 18:13, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> #define Off_Topic
> /*
>
> Some days ago during a discussion [1] I made some posts which seemed
> to annoy *Mr James Kuyper and Mr Nick Keighley.

I wasn't aware that you'd annoyed me (I'm quite hard to annoy).
If my post seemed a little abrasive I apologise.

> For that I apologize again ;

no need

> I did not really mean to. I ask them that if they see no
> problem for me to post here more inform me either by sending an email
> to the email address or a reply here.

I have no problem with you posting here. And even if I did
you should just ignore me.

> If either will not send a reply
> or disagree with that then I should not post on this news group more
> questions. Thanks for your time.
>
> [1] seehttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/browse_thread/thread/70fc1...
>
> */
> #undef Off_Topic

post to your hearts content!

Andreas Eibach

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I wasn't aware that you'd annoyed me (I'm quite hard to annoy).

Good to know, since this is a precondition for posting on usenet.
Usenet is no petting zoo [TM]

-Andreas