Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > ENV VAR addresses

ENV VAR addresses

George Orwell

Richard Heathfield,

Before I started posting "in-thread", I offered this:

I still can't inject a "References" header though, so I'm assuming
that if I use the same subject line as the original message,
most newsreaders will or can be made to thread properly.

I'm afraid your convenience isn't exactly my number one concern
these days, Richard.

Yours,
Han from China

https://www.mixmaster.it

Keith Thompson

George Orwell <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Richard Heathfield,
>
> Before I started posting "in-thread", I offered this:
>
> I still can't inject a "References" header though, so I'm assuming
> that if I use the same subject line as the original message,
> most newsreaders will or can be made to thread properly.

Yes, you certainly can, by using a newsreader (or even Google Groups)
rather than whatever malfunctioning mail-to-news gateway you're using.
You could even remain anonymous: set up a Google account under
whatever pseudonym you like and use it to post.

> I'm afraid your convenience isn't exactly my number one concern
> these days, Richard.

Your behavior makes it clear that everybody else's *inconvenience* is
your number one concern.

Nokia

Eric Sosman

Anthony Fremont wrote:
> Keith Thompson wrote:
>> George Orwell <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> Richard Heathfield,
>>>
>>> Before I started posting "in-thread", I offered this:
>>>
>>> I still can't inject a "References" header though, so I'm assuming
>>> that if I use the same subject line as the original message,
>>> most newsreaders will or can be made to thread properly.

>> Yes, you certainly can, by using a newsreader (or even Google Groups)
>> rather than whatever malfunctioning mail-to-news gateway you're using.
>> You could even remain anonymous: set up a Google account under
>> whatever pseudonym you like and use it to post.

> He's afraid of exposing his IP address. IMO that's because he is probably
> already a "regular" around here and doesn't want to risk being found out.

He is "regular" in the same sense that the word is used
in advertisements for laxatives.

--
Eric Sosman
(E-Mail Removed)lid

CBFalconer

Eric Sosman wrote:
> Anthony Fremont wrote:
>> Keith Thompson wrote:
>>> George Orwell <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

.... snip ...

>>> Yes, you certainly can, by using a newsreader (or even Google
>>> Groups) rather than whatever malfunctioning mail-to-news gateway
>>> you're using. You could even remain anonymous: set up a Google
>>> account under whatever pseudonym you like and use it to post.

>> He's afraid of exposing his IP address. IMO that's because he is
>> probably already a "regular" around here and doesn't want to risk
>> being found out.

> He is "regular" in the same sense that the word is used in
> advertisements for laxatives.

He is a nymshift along with 'anonymous' and 'Han from China', etc.

Try the download section.