Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: A perfect storm....

Re: A perfect storm....

Celcius

"Focus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ...and a few other pics I picked up on my way to the ocean:
>
> http://www.atlantic-diesel.com/Storm/
>

> --
> Focus

Great pics!
I downloaded one of them and looked at the exif... Nothing.
What camera and lens did you use,please?
By the way, I find photos in markets, and especially fish markets very
interestinf and colourful.
Cheers,
Marcel
_______________________________
No one can be completely wrong.
Even a broken clock marks the right time twice a day.
Anonymous.

John McWilliams

[Please don't x-post to aus.photo.]
Celcius wrote:
> "Focus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ...and a few other pics I picked up on my way to the ocean:
>>
>> http://www.atlantic-diesel.com/Storm/

> Great pics!
> I downloaded one of them and looked at the exif... Nothing.
> What camera and lens did you use,please?
> By the way, I find photos in markets, and especially fish markets very
> interestinf and colourful.

Now, the second Santa in the first pic., the one not hanging off the
sword: Something about the juxtaposition of the stainless washer hose
and St. Nick. On purpose, or accidental? It's oh so naughty.

Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.

--
john mcwilliams

Paul Furman

Focus wrote:
> John McWilliams wrote
>>
>> Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.

> No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

We had a big storm just roll in to Santa Cruz California, USA last night
also Looks pretty similar!

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Celcius

"Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news_v1l.10419$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Focus wrote:
>> John McWilliams wrote
>>>
>>> Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.

>> No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

> We had a big storm just roll in to Santa Cruz California, USA last night
> also Looks pretty similar!

He, he, he Paul,
Here, in Ottawa, Canada, we had 32cm (12") of snow a few days ago and
today, it's raining.
I suppose it's better than tornadoes and fires...
Cheers,
Marcel
_______________________________
No one can be completely wrong.
Even a broken clock marks the right time twice a day.
Anonymous.

tony cooper

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:01:43 -0500, "Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news_v1l.10419$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Focus wrote:
>>> John McWilliams wrote

>>> No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

>> We had a big storm just roll in to Santa Cruz California, USA last night
>> also Looks pretty similar!

>He, he, he Paul,
>Here, in Ottawa, Canada, we had 32cm (12") of snow a few days ago and
>today, it's raining.
>I suppose it's better than tornadoes and fires...

I guess I shouldn't complain that it's been cloudy and overcast here
this week. The temperatures have been in the high 70s (F) all week.
Not good sun for photography, though.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Irwell

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:38:30 -0000, Focus wrote:

> "John McWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gi5uq7$5pd$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> [Please don't x-post to aus.photo.]
>> Celcius wrote:
>>> "Focus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Great pics!
>>> I downloaded one of them and looked at the exif... Nothing.
>>> What camera and lens did you use,please?
>>> By the way, I find photos in markets, and especially fish markets very
>>> interestinf and colourful.

>> Now, the second Santa in the first pic., the one not hanging off the
>> sword: Something about the juxtaposition of the stainless washer hose and
>> St. Nick. On purpose, or accidental? It's oh so naughty.
>>
>> Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.
>>
>> --
>> john mcwilliams

> Funny! I didn't even see that..
> No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

I have some I took in Funchal, Madeira which have similar big
fish,\Portugese sardines are ggreat.

Cynicor

Celcius wrote:
> "Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news_v1l.10419$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Focus wrote:
>>> John McWilliams wrote
>>> No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

>> We had a big storm just roll in to Santa Cruz California, USA last night
>> also Looks pretty similar!

> He, he, he Paul,
> Here, in Ottawa, Canada, we had 32cm (12") of snow a few days ago and
> today, it's raining.
> I suppose it's better than tornadoes and fires...

Hi Marcel -

OT, how's the transit strike going up there? I know some good people in
that union.

Celcius

"Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4946d236$0$14300$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Celcius wrote:
>> "Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news_v1l.10419$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> We had a big storm just roll in to Santa Cruz California, USA last night
>>> also Looks pretty similar!

>> He, he, he Paul,
>> Here, in Ottawa, Canada, we had 32cm (12") of snow a few days ago and
>> today, it's raining.
>> I suppose it's better than tornadoes and fires...

> Hi Marcel -
>
> OT, how's the transit strike going up there? I know some good people in
> that union.

Not very good, Cynicor.
They're still on strike and other parts of the union want to join.
There's been a call to let employees of government and industry work at
home...
I'm retired. So I go with the flow. However, there are days where I have to
go out and shouldn't use the car...
But over all, people cope.
Marcel

Celcius

"John Navas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please don't -- OT does *not* make it OK.

John,
You're right, but please relax. It's not all that serious...
Take care,
Marcel

Chris Malcolm

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Focus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Savageduck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> Good pics. When did you return to the D300? I must have missed some
>> earlier post.

> Thanks. I got my second D300 about three months ago.
> Before I had the Sony A350. Very nice camera, especially the LV is very good
> (wish Nikon had one of those with tilting screen; I would buy one in a
> flash), but the high ISO of 400 and above is hopeless.

The characteristic noise of the A350 at high ISOs is handled very much
better by some of the latest smart noise reducers than by Sony's own
noise reduction. I was amazed at the improvement in quality I could
get from NeatImage for example. I'll even use ISO 3200 now, whereas before like you I avoided going past 400.

But to get the best requires learning, and individual experiments with
each specific image, which of course is tedious compared to a system
which works well with standard noise reduction.

--
Chris Malcolm