Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > secret service?

secret service?

richard

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:19:23 -0800, Blinky the Shark
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>richard wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:39:06 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking. That
>>>could have easily been a knife.
>>>http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...hp?cl=11096193

>> I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a foreign
>> country, he's guarded by military people.

>Cite?

They may be there like in Iraq, but only as immediate protection. Not
the entire part of the process. Like who else is gonna provide it in
Iraq?
And you can bet your ass that wasn't no unplanned trip either. It just
wasn't announced.

I remember back a few presidents ago where one of them was invited to
some old friend's ranch. When the guy found out what all was needed to
be done before the visit, he just said, "why don't you pay me a visit
after your out of office?".

Evan Platt

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:09:47 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The US SS only has authority in the USA.

Legally? Perhaps. "Respectfully"? There's a difference. If the
President wants to travel to say Bum****Egypt, and he wants to bring
HIS Secret Service with, generally the leader of BFE allows it. And
when they carry big guns, 'authority' goes out the window.

No ****?

>There may be a small handfull of agents where ever the Pres goes, but
>in the case of Iraq, military protection would be better deployed.

Gee, kinda goes against what you first said.

netjerykhet

Glen Stephenson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:39:06 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking.
>>> That could have easily been a knife.
>>> http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...hp?cl=11096193

>> I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a
>> foreign country, he's guarded by military people.

> Why don't you believe it? I get the impression you know quite a bit
> about the 'SS'. Perhaps it's my wild imagination running riot.
>
> Do you have anything you can tell of your experiences which won't get
> you into trouble?
>
> It sounds exciting.

If richard is or has been secret service and had been involved with
protection and Government secrets he would unlikely be in a position to
reveal any of it, so even asking him puts him in a difficult position.

He couldn't tell you anything even if he wanted to, unless he were to make
it up, but then how would you know he doesn't make up any of what he says.

The way he writes his posts would have you beleive he's importent and knowas
something.

Stay clear of that guy, he seem dangerous, and by association, Glen you
might get involved.

richard

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:34:27 +0100, "netjerykhet"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Glen Stephenson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a
>>> foreign country, he's guarded by military people.

>> Why don't you believe it? I get the impression you know quite a bit
>> about the 'SS'. Perhaps it's my wild imagination running riot.
>>
>> Do you have anything you can tell of your experiences which won't get
>> you into trouble?
>>
>> It sounds exciting.

>If richard is or has been secret service and had been involved with
>protection and Government secrets he would unlikely be in a position to
>reveal any of it, so even asking him puts him in a difficult position.
>
>He couldn't tell you anything even if he wanted to, unless he were to make
>it up, but then how would you know he doesn't make up any of what he says.
>
>The way he writes his posts would have you beleive he's importent and knowas
>something.
>
>Stay clear of that guy, he seem dangerous, and by association, Glen you
>might get involved.

Sorry but I have never been associated with the US SS in any way.
However, I did apply with the whitehouse police once.
Yes doubting thomas there was/is such an animal.

Now I do have a cousin who works for the DOD. I've asked him what his
job is even in a generic nature. He can't tell me.
I have another cousin who flies for the border patrol.

I'm no more important than you or anyone else here.
If I were a "know it all" I'd be replying to every post.
Do you see me doing that?
I stay out of things I know nothing about. Unlike certain others
around here.

I stripped your add on groups.

ian field

"M.L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking. That
>>> could have easily been a knife.
>>> http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...hp?cl=11096193

> The fact that it was a shoe and not a knife indicates that the SS was
> doing its job.

After his presidency I was expecting a cartoon falling anvil.

olfart

"ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsJw1l.34734$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> "M.L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> The fact that it was a shoe and not a knife indicates that the SS was
>> doing its job.
>>

> After his presidency I was expecting a cartoon falling anvil.

if the anvil hit him in the head....it wouldn't hurt him
might crack the anvil though

Leythos

In article <gi4g0a$9la$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)l says...
> Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking. That could
> have easily been a knife.
> http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...hp?cl=11096193

Wrong, the people were searched for items that could be weapons. A
boot/shoe is not considered a weapon once checked.

The person could have just as easily thrown their camera or other
reporter items - tape recorder, etc.....

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

hwأf

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:40:29 -0600, HEMI-Powered aided th' terraists with
the following claims :
[....]
> The exact opposite problem exists within the United States where
> the Posse Comitatis Act of 1978 specifically prohibits military
> forces taking part in ANY law enforcement activities.

You ****ing tool. Bush repealed Posse comitatus.

http://www.alternet.org

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:40:29 -0600, HEMI-Powered aided th' terraists with
> the following claims :
> [....]
> > The exact opposite problem exists within the United States where
> > the Posse Comitatis Act of 1978 specifically prohibits military
> > forces taking part in ANY law enforcement activities.

> You ****ing tool. Bush repealed Posse comitatus.

You might want to stop being a tool yourself and learn a little more
about it:

Recent legislative events

On September 26, 2006, President Bush urged Congress to consider
revising federal laws so that the U.S. military could seize control
immediately in the aftermath of a natural disaster, in the wake of
Hurricane Katrina.

These changes were included in the John Warner National Defense
Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122), which was signed
into law on Oct 17, 2006, subsequently repealed in their entirety.[2]

Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public
emergencies". It provided that:

The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public
order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a
natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency,
terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President
determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that
the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of
maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any
insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if
such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any
part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity,
or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes
or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes
the course of justice under those laws.[3]

The actual text is on pages 322?323 of the legislation.

As of 2008, these changes have been repealed in their entirety,
reverting to the previous wording of the Insurrection Act.

NOTE THE PART YOU SEEM TO HAVE MISSED: As of 2008, these changes have
been repealed in their entirety, reverting to the previous wording of
the Insurrection Act.

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

Aardvark

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:07:39 -0500, Leythos wrote:

> The person could have just as easily thrown their camera or other
> reporter items - tape recorder, etc.....

But to Arabs hurling a shoe was much more of an insult towards Bush than
almost any other object.

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

OT: a secret. I have a secret. I have a secret. I won't tell you. Nanannannanana. Psychometrically Validated MCSE 13 02-22-2006 03:29 AM
Secret Project - Sun Keyboard Mod bigal Case Modding 92 09-26-2005 07:01 AM
reset hotmail password with secret question =?Utf-8?B?SmVubnk=?= Microsoft Certification 3 07-12-2005 06:01 AM
enable secret 7 <myPassword> ns Cisco 11 02-09-2005 10:11 PM
no service password-encryption and enable secret Hellen Cisco 3 04-05-2004 03:12 PM

Advertisments