Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Where do user files go when you delete an XP account?

Where do user files go when you delete an XP account?

Jeremy

I deleted a user account from my XP Pro box, and it asks if you want to keep
the files or delete them. I chose to keep them, but now can't find them.
There is no directory for that user under the documents and settings folder
any longer... are they put into a backup area somewhere? Is there another
way to restore them?
Please help!

thanks.

David B.

Your question is not really related to the topic of this group but is more a
general XP question, a better place for your post would be xp.general, but
to answer your question, I believe the files are placed in a folder on the
desktop of the account you were logged in with when you deleted the user
account.

--

----
Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm