Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: How do I remove a program from the Right Click "Open With" menu?

Re: How do I remove a program from the Right Click "Open With" menu?

olfart

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lookout wrote:
> Subject: How do I remove a program from the Right Click "Open With" menu?
>
> Don't forget that the question belongs in the message body, not the
> subject.
>
> Start a question message by starting your typing in the body, not the
> subject. Later when the body is completed, give the message a very brief
> subject.

unless of course you feel like putting the question in the subject.

VanguardLH

olfart wrote:

> "Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Lookout wrote:
>> Subject: How do I remove a program from the Right Click "Open With" menu?
>>
>> Don't forget that the question belongs in the message body, not the
>> subject.
>>
>> Start a question message by starting your typing in the body, not the
>> subject. Later when the body is completed, give the message a very brief
>> subject.
>>

> unless of course you feel like putting the question in the subject.

Which would result in a post with a Subject and a blank body. Posts
with blank bodies are blank posts by those with blank minds.

You put an intro or summary of the question in the subject. The
question (in entirety) does not go into the Subject. It could be a very
simple question and simply repeated in the body but the body should also
provide the context of the question: which version of app, which OS, how
to reproduce the problem, error messages, hardware, or other appropriate
info so respondents don't have to dig it out one post at a time.

http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

VanguardLH

Lookout wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 08:51:08 -0600, VanguardLH <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>olfart wrote:
>>
>>> "Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> unless of course you feel like putting the question in the subject.

>>Which would result in a post with a Subject and a blank body. Posts
>>with blank bodies are blank posts by those with blank minds.
>>
>>You put an intro or summary of the question in the subject. The
>>question (in entirety) does not go into the Subject. It could be a very
>>simple question and simply repeated in the body but the body should also
>>provide the context of the question: which version of app, which OS, how
>>to reproduce the problem, error messages, hardware, or other appropriate
>>info so respondents don't have to dig it out one post at a time.
>>
>> http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html

> If the question is short then is perfectly acceptable to put it in the
> subject line. Who says it is? ME! It works in EVERY forum I've ever
> read and I'm not about to change for you.
> Stop your ****ing whining about the little stuff.

Stop your ****ing whining about my whining.
WHINER!