Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win to Macbook

Win to Macbook

RoqueJa

I have some large media files (8+GB) that I want to move. They are on
a USB hard drive. If I plug the USB hard drive into the Mac it says
the volume is in a format Mac cannot read. Fair enough.

Is there a way to move these files efficiently. I know next to nothing
about Macs.

Moog

philo illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:

><RoqueJa> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have some large media files (8+GB) that I want to move. They are on
>> a USB hard drive. If I plug the USB hard drive into the Mac it says
>> the volume is in a format Mac cannot read. Fair enough.
>>
>> Is there a way to move these files efficiently. I know next to nothing
>> about Macs.
>>

> I am assuming the drive has been formatted as NTFS
> from an XP or Vista machine.
>
> A third party utility that can give a MAC access to NTFS would be necessary.
>

> First hit one Google:
>
> http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/
>

> Don't know if there is any freeware

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/System-.../NTFS-3G.shtml

Of course there is....

RoqueJa

Thanks to both of you. If that's the sort of thing I need, I'm pretty
sure I can find it.

Moog

RoqueJa illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
> Thanks to both of you. If that's the sort of thing I need, I'm pretty
> sure I can find it.

No problem.

BTW, I use the NTFS-3G driver here on Linux, and it is rock solid.

--
Now, most dentist's chairs go up and down, don't they? The one I was in
went back and forwards. I thought 'This is unusual'. And the dentist