Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Disk full while accessing...

Disk full while accessing...

Skybuck Flying

Hello,

Today I tried a couple of programs:

Magic ISO
Ultra ISO
dmg2iso.exe
Power ISO 4.3

In that order too.

All programs installed and removed except dm2iso.exe

Now suddenly some files on my ntfs c:\ drive cannot be read it says:

Disk full while accessing c:\etc\somefile.img.

Very strange...

I suspect Power ISO focked something up since it asked for a reboot...

Any idea's what might be wrong ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Actually that's a message that I am getting in textpad.

Filedisk.exe can also not mount it any more ?

Weird.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Maybe the problem is with an application called:

"PearPC Control Panel"

It also uses filedisk.exe "a virtual disk driver".

I am already using filedisk.exe to mount my own filedisk images.

I ll try deinstalling this application to see if that fixes anything.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Problem solved.

Apperently this "PearPC Control Panel" uses filedisk.exe to do stuff..

The application was programmed by some Visual Basic Programmer... I should
have known better than to install programs writen by visual basic fools

Fortunately... the uninstall program worked nicely... and removed the
filedisk registry stuff so after reboot no filedisk images where being
mounted...

This clearly indicate the problem to me... pearpc ****s with filedisk
registers.

Anyway.

Simply running filedisk.reg... to put new/correct registry settings into the
registry fixed the problem.

Nice example of "tools" conflict.

Anyway last time I install a VB application I promise

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:8f48e$4942efa3$d5337e4d$(E-Mail Removed)1.n b.home.nl...
>> Hello,
>>
>> Today I tried a couple of programs:
>>
>> Magic ISO
>> Ultra ISO
>> dmg2iso.exe
>> Power ISO 4.3
>>
>> In that order too.
>>
>> All programs installed and removed except dm2iso.exe
>>
>> Now suddenly some files on my ntfs c:\ drive cannot be read it says:
>>
>> Disk full while accessing c:\etc\somefile.img.
>>
>> Very strange...
>>
>> I suspect Power ISO focked something up since it asked for a reboot...
>>
>> Any idea's what might be wrong ?
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>>

> Try deleting the file...it's probably a huge phantom of some type

It contains important data you fool lol

Bye,
Skybuck

Skybuck Flying

There are two applications:

filedisk.exe

And PearPC which has it's apperently own version of filedisk.exe.

These two conflict with each other.

(filedisk.exe is a free tool available for mounting disk images, handy tool
! )

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:21c95$4942f90f$d5337e4d$(E-Mail Removed)1.n b.home.nl...
> There are two applications:
>
> filedisk.exe
>
> And PearPC which has it's apperently own version of filedisk.exe.

PearPC Control Panel... add-on application by some third party vb-developer

> These two conflict with each other.
>
> (filedisk.exe is a free tool available for mounting disk images, handy
> tool ! )
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

philo

"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:21c95$4942f90f$d5337e4d$(E-Mail Removed)1.n b.home.nl...
> There are two applications:
>
> filedisk.exe
>
> And PearPC which has it's apperently own version of filedisk.exe.
>
> These two conflict with each other.
>
> (filedisk.exe is a free tool available for mounting disk images, handy

tool
> ! )
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

OK...
well just how large is that image file???

Skybuck Flying

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:21c95$4942f90f$d5337e4d$(E-Mail Removed)1.n b.home.nl...
>> There are two applications:
>>
>> filedisk.exe
>>
>> And PearPC which has it's apperently own version of filedisk.exe.
>>
>> These two conflict with each other.
>>
>> (filedisk.exe is a free tool available for mounting disk images, handy

> tool
>> ! )
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>>

> OK...
> well just how large is that image file???

Why would that matter ?

Let it rest... the problem has been solved

Bye,
Skybuck.

Bobby Johnson

You're really are a kind, considerate, and caring individual!

This is not the first example of you jumping in here with a
complaint about a situation and then all of a sudden you
post a response like this and you NEVER, EVER, give others
the courtesy of letting them know what the solution was,
even if it was OMF!

Come back again sometime and rant and rave about something
and then just leave everyone hanging!