Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Raw images and CS3

Raw images and CS3

Jurgen

John McWilliams wrote:

>> If the OP is using a Canon DSLR, he could do a lot worse than use
>> Canon's own "Digital Photo Professional" to develop the RAW files and
>> transfer them to Photoshop for processing using the "Open in
>> Photoshop" menu option of DPP.

> For images at the very extreme of the color range, this may still be
> true. Not however, for 98% of my shots.

Is this some sort of "look-at-me" response?
This thread is not about you. It's about someone struggling with
Photoshop, a Canon camera and opening RAW files.

If you missed that part, perhaps from time to time you could refer to
the original post so you don't get carried away thinking it's about you.

John McWilliams

Jurgen wrote:
> John McWilliams wrote:
>
>>> If the OP is using a Canon DSLR, he could do a lot worse than use
>>> Canon's own "Digital Photo Professional" to develop the RAW files and
>>> transfer them to Photoshop for processing using the "Open in
>>> Photoshop" menu option of DPP.

>> For images at the very extreme of the color range, this may still be
>> true. Not however, for 98% of my shots.
>>

> Is this some sort of "look-at-me" response?
> This thread is not about you. It's about someone struggling with
> Photoshop, a Canon camera and opening RAW files.
>
> If you missed that part, perhaps from time to time you could refer to
> the original post so you don't get carried away thinking it's about you.

I note you dodged every single instance where I contradicted you, and
snipped it as well.
Are you that unsure of yourself you can't even come up with a
straightforward reply?

When you mislead, a number of folks here are able and willing to provide
alternatives to what you write.

--
lsmft

Jurgen

John McWilliams wrote:
> Jurgen wrote:

>>> For images at the very extreme of the color range, this may still be
>>> true. Not however, for 98% of my shots.
>>>

>> Is this some sort of "look-at-me" response?
>> This thread is not about you. It's about someone struggling with
>> Photoshop, a Canon camera and opening RAW files.
>>
>> If you missed that part, perhaps from time to time you could refer to
>> the original post so you don't get carried away thinking it's about you.

> I note you dodged every single instance where I contradicted you, and
> snipped it as well.
> Are you that unsure of yourself you can't even come up with a
> straightforward reply?
>
> When you mislead, a number of folks here are able and willing to provide
> alternatives to what you write.

I don't have any problem at all with people having a different view to
me. Why would you then, have a problem with me not trying to start an
argument with you over it? For all the OP knows, you opinion might suit
them better than my opinion.

I haven't mislead anyone. At least not intentionally. For you to suggest
I have is trollish behaviour. I think you should apologise to me for
suggesting it.

I have an opinion based on my own somewhat extensive experience. You
seem to have an opinion based on contradicting anything anyone says that
conflicts with what you write.

In case you missed the part about this being a thread to help the OP.
You are not him. If you want to start a new thread about processing RAW
images and alternatives to ACR, feel free to go right ahead and do that.

While this thread is about the OP, I'll keep it addressing his
questions, not yours.