Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Help with ISO-BUSTER, Please!

Help with ISO-BUSTER, Please!

Film Buff

Ok, I ran Iso-Buster on my damaged movie file and now I have the movie in a folder in the following format:
Recovered file 1.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
Recovered file 2.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
Recovered file 3.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
Recovered file 4.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
Recovered file 5.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
Recovered file 6.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb

My question is - How do Get these back on a DVD in order to watch the movie

How would I combine the .VOB files into one file?

Thanks for your help

Netmask

"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, I ran Iso-Buster on my damaged movie file and now I have the movie in
> a folder in the following format:
> Recovered file 1.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
> Recovered file 2.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
> Recovered file 3.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
> Recovered file 4.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
> Recovered file 5.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
> Recovered file 6.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
>
> My question is - How do Get these back on a DVD in order to watch the
> movie
>
> How would I combine the .VOB files into one file?
>
> Thanks for your help

rename the folder VIDEO_TS (exactly like that) and then use Nero to burn it
using DVD-Video files menu item. You don't need to combine any of the
files - ISObuster has already put the IFO, BUP and VOB files into the
standard DVD format for you.

Film Buff

I renamed the folder VIDEO_TS but nero gives an error because of the name Recovered file 2.VOB

Could you please help more? I would appreciate it

Thanks

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:15:34 GMT, "Netmask" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Ok, I ran Iso-Buster on my damaged movie file and now I have the movie in
>> a folder in the following format:
>> Recovered file 1.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
>> Recovered file 2.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
>> Recovered file 3.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
>> Recovered file 4.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
>> Recovered file 5.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
>> Recovered file 6.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
>>
>> My question is - How do Get these back on a DVD in order to watch the
>> movie
>>
>> How would I combine the .VOB files into one file?
>>
>> Thanks for your help

>rename the folder VIDEO_TS (exactly like that) and then use Nero to burn it
>using DVD-Video files menu item. You don't need to combine any of the
>files - ISObuster has already put the IFO, BUP and VOB files into the
>standard DVD format for you.

Netmask

"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I renamed the folder VIDEO_TS but nero gives an error because of the name
>Recovered file 2.VOB
>
> Could you please help more? I would appreciate it
>
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:15:34 GMT, "Netmask" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> Ok, I ran Iso-Buster on my damaged movie file and now I have the movie
>>> in
>>> a folder in the following format:
>>> Recovered file 1.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
>>> Recovered file 2.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
>>> Recovered file 3.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
>>> Recovered file 4.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
>>> Recovered file 5.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
>>> Recovered file 6.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
>>>
>>> My question is - How do Get these back on a DVD in order to watch the
>>> movie
>>>
>>> How would I combine the .VOB files into one file?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help

>>rename the folder VIDEO_TS (exactly like that) and then use Nero to burn
>>it
>>using DVD-Video files menu item. You don't need to combine any of the
>>files - ISObuster has already put the IFO, BUP and VOB files into the
>>standard DVD format for you.

Haven't you ever explored a commercial DVD disc?

If you haven't I suggest you do so and you will find every DVD has a set of
IFO, VOB and BUP files that are always numbered
by the following convention.

VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB

etc.

and if there is a second title on the DVD it will be shown as

VTS_02_0.VOB
VTS_02_1.VOB

etc and the same for the IFO's and BUP's

normally there should be a file called VIDEO_TS.VOB which is the menu and
will be much smaller than the other VOB files
If there aren't any BUP files (you can make those your self by just making
a copy of each IFO file and renaming the suffix to BUP - they are backup
files of the IFO files. The IFO files basically tell the DVD player what to
do and the VOBs are the video and audio and subtitles muxed together in one
file. The DVD standard requires the VOB files to be split into typically
1GB chunks as they are in your example.

My suggestion be adventuresome and explore!!! you will discover heaps!!!