Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > newsgroups

newsgroups

ewastudent

i no this isnt thecorrect news group, but it is a simple question. are there
any other news servers out there, and what are they called so i might be
able to subscribe to them. thx

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Maybe this can Help,
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"ewastudent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i no this isnt thecorrect news group, but it is a simple question. are
>there any other news servers out there, and what are they called so i
>might be able to subscribe to them. thx

Big_Al

ewastudent wrote:
> i no this isnt thecorrect news group, but it is a simple question. are
> there any other news servers out there, and what are they called so i
> might be able to subscribe to them. thx

Of course I'm using a news reader, not the web. Actually I just go into
my reader and search for groups under the subscribe function. But it
looks like the user is using the web products. My suggestion would be
us setup Outlook Express first. Is easier to find groups by keywords.

If you do setup a news reader then:
For news servers, msnews.microsoft.com gives you a lot of technical info.
News.motzarella is pretty good
teranews has a small (3$ or so) one time setup fee
news.mozilla.org is good for the mozilla products.
nntp.aioe.org is free but is down a lot.
Some ISP's have dropped their servers but some still supply the service.
I have Verizon and they've still got the basic big 8 groups, got rid
of the alt.* groups.