Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Film and Transparency scanners

Film and Transparency scanners

Don Stauffer

ray wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:09:54 -0600, Don Stauffer wrote:
>
>> ray wrote:
>>

> Thanks for the info. How are they speed wise?

Undoubtedly faster than setting up a transparency cover and template on
a flatbed

> I've found several refurbished models at the Epson online store that are
> under $100 and do negatives and slides.

I bought a flatbed with a transparency adapter for seventy something,
about the same price as those gadgets, but of course far more flexible.
I would expect the quality is a bit better, but the convenience of the
gadget is fine. It takes some physical time to set the transparency
adapter up, and then more time to get into the driver and set it from
print scanning to transparency scanning.