Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > (OT) engines

(OT) engines

Ken McD

Hi folks,

This may be slightly "OT", but I guess lots of people here are mechnically
minded!

I'm replacing my 1971 Cutlass Supreme which has a 350 cubic inch V-8. It
has terrific pick-up! When they talk about "liters" in the new cars, how
many liters correspond to my 350 V-8? What kind of new car would have the
zip this old Cutlass has?

Thanks for any advice.

~Kenny

viza

Hi

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:17:36 +0000, Ken McD wrote:

> I'm replacing my 1971 Cutlass Supreme which has a 350 cubic inch V-8. It
> has terrific pick-up! When they talk about "liters" in the new cars, how
> many liters correspond to my 350 V-8?

Google can convert units for you:

http://www.google.com/search?q=350+c...ches+in+litres

The answer is about five and three quarters.

Welcome to the the twentieth century!

HTH
viza

Antoninus Twink

On 10 Dec 2008 at 20:17, Ken McD wrote:
> I'm replacing my 1971 Cutlass Supreme which has a 350 cubic inch V-8.
> It has terrific pick-up! When they talk about "liters" in the new
> cars, how many liters correspond to my 350 V-8? What kind of new car
> would have the zip this old Cutlass has?

Holy crap! How many miles have you managed to put on that heap these
past 35 years?!

The liter is a European measure of engine size that somehow managed to
filter through into US common parlance. Quick calculation suggests your
engine is a 5.7 liter monster! They don't make engines like that for
midsize cars any more! Probably something to do with the oil price
crisis that was brewing at about the time your car was rolling off an
Oldsmobile production line.

Anyway, my brother-in-law has got a 2007 Toyota Camry (3.5 liter V6
engine). It's really lively and gets pretty good gas mileage - I think
you'd like it. Or the obvious choices (assuming you want another
midsize) are a Ford Taurus or a Honda Accord.

Martin Ambuhl

Ken McD wrote:

> This may be slightly "OT",

Completely and irredeemably off-topic, as even the semiliterate would know.

But, taking the chance of encourage OT newsgroup pollution, here's the
answer anyway:

$ units -v '350 in^3' 'litre'
350 in^3 = 5.7354724 litre
350 in^3 = (1 / 0.17435355) litre

Keith Thompson

Martin Ambuhl <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Ken McD wrote:
>
>> This may be slightly "OT",

> Completely and irredeemably off-topic, as even the semiliterate would know.

As Ken McD certainly knows. You have been trolled.

Nokia

Firefox Search Engines Jim Firefox 1 02-06-2005 10:57 PM
Search Bar not displaying search Engines Zimran Douglas Firefox 1 01-07-2005 02:30 PM
changing search engines vicsage@yahoo.canada Firefox 11 11-23-2004 07:54 AM
Search Engines Chuck Firefox 4 10-18-2004 05:54 PM
"Add engines"... how can I "remove engines" ? Jude Barnes Firefox 4 08-19-2004 11:02 PM

Advertisments