Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > P&S dope gets him camera smashed

P&S dope gets him camera smashed

SteveG

ROTFLMHO

Regards

Steve G

tony cooper wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:40:48 -0800 (PST), Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 11, 10:38 am, C J Campbell <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
>>> having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and belligerence,
>>> and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might learn something.

>> True, he is like that, but the quality level of fans on golf courses
>> in the past decade has deteriorated. Anyone blasted a flash at me
>> while I was concentrating on making a shot, I'd be mad too.

> My house faces a tee on a golf course. Earlier this year, when I was
> mowing my grass, a golfer left the tee and came over to me and
> demanded that I stop my riding mower until he finished teeing off. He
> said that the noise interfered with his concentration.
>
> I told him that I'd seen his swing, and no amount of quiet would
> improve it.

mianileng

tony cooper wrote:

> My house faces a tee on a golf course. Earlier this year, when
> I was
> mowing my grass, a golfer left the tee and came over to me and
> demanded that I stop my riding mower until he finished teeing
> off. He
> said that the noise interfered with his concentration.
>
> I told him that I'd seen his swing, and no amount of quiet
> would
> improve it.

Priceless.

John McWilliams

mianileng wrote:
> bowser wrote:
>> "C J Campbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message

>> permitted? Sorry, Daly is a jerk, but this guy is one step
>> lower than
>> that. Unless we're all supposed to tolerate some asshole
>> shoving a
>> camera in your face and flashing you while you're trying to
>> work.

> I thought the 6-inch distance was a figure of speech. Not that I
> condone the photographer's thoughtless action.

As did I, but it must have been too close whatever the exact distance.

> What I find rather hilarious is what is implied by the subject
> line of this thread: that it could only happen to a "P&S dope".
> It makes me wonder if Daly would have reacted differently had the
> photographer had been using a DSLR.

Hmmmm. Are you trolling for the pest??

John McWilliams

tony cooper wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:40:48 -0800 (PST), Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 11, 10:38 am, C J Campbell <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
>>> having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and belligerence,
>>> and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might learn something.

>> True, he is like that, but the quality level of fans on golf courses
>> in the past decade has deteriorated. Anyone blasted a flash at me
>> while I was concentrating on making a shot, I'd be mad too.

> My house faces a tee on a golf course. Earlier this year, when I was
> mowing my grass, a golfer left the tee and came over to me and
> demanded that I stop my riding mower until he finished teeing off. He
> said that the noise interfered with his concentration.
>
> I told him that I'd seen his swing, and no amount of quiet would
> improve it.

Bada-bing! Excellent, tony. Should I ever inhabit a tee side cottage,
I'll remember that one.

--
john mcwilliams

just bob

God forbid a bird should chirp and frighten the poor man.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...865772,00.html

DRS

"Chris H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

[...]

> Actually it is the photographers fault. . If you read the article
> spectators are not permitted to use cameras. So he could have been
> ejected from the event.
>
> That said it is probably illegal to destroy or damage the camera.

There is no "probably" about it. It is illegal under NSW law, as it should
be. Two wrongs do not make a right. That the spectator did the wrong thing
did not and cannot justify Daly's action.

J. Clarke

DRS wrote:
> "Chris H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>
> [...]
>
>> Actually it is the photographers fault. . If you read the article
>> spectators are not permitted to use cameras. So he could have
>> been
>> ejected from the event.
>>
>> That said it is probably illegal to destroy or damage the camera.

> There is no "probably" about it. It is illegal under NSW law, as it
> should be. Two wrongs do not make a right. That the spectator did
> the wrong thing did not and cannot justify Daly's action.

Two wrongs may not make a right but they very likely do make a P&Ser
who won't shove his camera in another golfer's face on the course.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

tony cooper

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:37:15 -0800, "just bob" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>God forbid a bird should chirp and frighten the poor man.
>
>"Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...865772,00.html

You don't remember the incident of pro golfer Tripp Isenhour and the
hawk? The hawk was squawking when Tripp was making an instructional
video, so Tripp started hitting balls at the hawk. One connected, and
the hawk died. http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3279958

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Jurgen

C J Campbell wrote:
> On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...865772,00.html

> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
> having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and belligerence,
> and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might learn something.
>
> But, no. It is the photographer's fault that he loses his temper.
> Riiiigghht. I will grant that fans can be annoying. But that is why he
> gets paid the big bucks. As Arnold Palmer told Tiger Woods when he went
> through a phase of bad temper at the beginning of his career: "If you
> don't like it, give the money back." No one is forcing these guys to be
> famous. They choose their career knowing full well that they will be
> surrounded by annoying fans, that they will have zero privacy, and that
> fans will constantly be snapping their point & shoots at them. Tough. If
> you don't like it, give the money back. Retire. Do something less
> conspicuous. But stop acting like a jerk.

According to the latest new from Australia's Sydney Morning Herald there
is a huge sign at the entrance to the course "NO CAMERAS" and clear
directions that anyone using one on the green will be escorted off the
course.

I don't condone bad behaviour but if I was making a living at doing
something I needed clear eyesight for and someone poked a camera in my
face and let the flash blind me, I'd be ****ed enough to do the same thing.

Pretty poor security anyway. Where were those who police the conditions
of access? Too many cowboys these days think they can ignore laws, rules
and conditions and scream about how hard done they are when they get
caught.

Mark Thomas

Ron Hunter wrote:
> C J Campbell wrote:
>> On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>
>>> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...865772,00.html

>> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
>> having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and
>> belligerence, and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might
>> learn something.
>>
>> But, no. It is the photographer's fault that he loses his temper.
>> Riiiigghht. I will grant that fans can be annoying. But that is why he
>> gets paid the big bucks. As Arnold Palmer told Tiger Woods when he
>> went through a phase of bad temper at the beginning of his career: "If
>> you don't like it, give the money back." No one is forcing these guys
>> to be famous. They choose their career knowing full well that they
>> will be surrounded by annoying fans, that they will have zero privacy,
>> and that fans will constantly be snapping their point & shoots at
>> them. Tough. If you don't like it, give the money back. Retire. Do
>> something less conspicuous. But stop acting like a jerk.
>>

> Some sports figures make big money for being jerks. Does the name
> 'Connors' ring a bell.

... heh, yeah, that guy who lost the America's Cup to Australia II...

Problem of not knowing a famous Star Email Adress, if one of you know him please drop him a note Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs - Siegert, Knut Computer Support 0 10-12-2007 07:12 PM
is cocoon a hunk of crap? or dope? gavino Java 1 10-26-2006 09:46 PM
Feeling like a dope Ike Java 3 06-12-2006 10:38 PM
Answer this silver serfing dope angler Computer Support 2 12-22-2003 09:35 PM
OT: The Straight Dope Jeff Bauer Python 11 10-28-2003 06:28 PM

Advertisments