Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > D-Link wireless PCI adapter problems

D-Link wireless PCI adapter problems

=?Utf-8?B?Q29yZXkgRw==?=

I just got a wireless D-link DWL-G520 Xtreme G Wireless PCI adapter,
installed the drivers and the card as the directions said...my computer is
saying im connected to the wireless network, yet im getting no online
activity...I cant use explorer, or anything else like that...why is it not
letting me connect when it says its connected...and how do I fix it?

thanks

atec

Corey G wrote:
> I just got a wireless D-link DWL-G520 Xtreme G Wireless PCI adapter,
> installed the drivers and the card as the directions said...my computer is
> saying im connected to the wireless network, yet im getting no online
> activity...I cant use explorer, or anything else like that...why is it not
> letting me connect when it says its connected...and how do I fix it?
>
> thanks

you may need to either shut the firewal down or open some ports.

Malke

atec wrote:

> Corey G wrote:
>> I just got a wireless D-link DWL-G520 Xtreme G Wireless PCI adapter,
>> installed the drivers and the card as the directions said...my
>> computer is saying im connected to the wireless network, yet im
>> getting no online activity...I cant use explorer, or anything else
>> like that...why is it not letting me connect when it says its
>> connected...and how do I fix it?
>>
>> thanks

> you may need to either shut the firewal down or open some ports.

Doubtful that any firewall settings/ports need to be messed with. More
likely that the OP hasn't set up the encryption key properly.

To the OP: it isn't possible to give you an answer with so little
specific information from you. What operating system/Service Pack level
do you have? What encryption are you using? Did you enter the key into
the computer's wireless settings?

Here are some links to help you set up your wireless:

Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP

Wireless - Basic Configuration -

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

oldguy

Hi Corey,

If you really get connected to the wireless network but cannot go to the
Internet, it can be thet you have no (or incorrect) gateway information
entered for that connection.

Try to see if your gateway information is correct.

Good Luck,
Engin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...