Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > .gif menus disappear <--rookie HTML coder here

.gif menus disappear <--rookie HTML coder here

Dan

Hello,

Any ideas on why the menus on this website disappear when the mouse
hovers over them? However, on a page refresh, they reappear. Hmm?!?

http://bluewatermobiledog.com/

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Dan

rf

Dan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Any ideas on why the menus on this website disappear when the mouse
> hovers over them? However, on a page refresh, they reappear. Hmm?!?
>
> http://bluewatermobiledog.com/
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide!

The Javascript you use for changing images on mouseover is totally broken.

Throw it away and use real text, instead of pictures of text, and CSS to
indicate hover.

BTW nowhere on that site you indicate where you are, or even which country
you are in.

OMG I just drifted into the portfolio page. Do you realize you have FOUR
MEGABYTES of images in there for four rather small images of dogs?

Do NOT resize images in the browser, especially 2021 by 2100 pixel ones.
Resize them and then compress them in your imaging software before uploading
them to the web.

And do you really think anybody has a 2733 x 2040 pixel screen to view that
picture of a bus? Ludicrous. I am definitely *not* going to activate that
"see more pictures" link.

Dan

On Dec 11, 12:59*am, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dan wrote:
> > Hello,

> > Any ideas on why the menus on this website disappear when the mouse
> > hovers over them? *However, on a page refresh, they reappear. *Hmm?!?

> >http://bluewatermobiledog.com/

> > Thanks for any help you can provide!

> The Javascript you use for changing images on mouseover is totally broken..
>
> Throw it away and use real text, instead of pictures of text, and CSS to
> indicate hover.
>
> BTW nowhere on that site you indicate where you are, or even which country
> you are in.
>
> OMG I just drifted into the portfolio page. Do you realize you have FOUR
> MEGABYTES of images in there for four rather small images of dogs?
>
> Do NOT resize images in the browser, especially 2021 by 2100 pixel ones.
> Resize them and then compress them in your imaging software before uploading
> them to the web.
>
> And do you really think anybody has a 2733 x 2040 pixel screen to view that
> picture of a bus? Ludicrous. I am definitely *not* going to activate that
> "see more pictures" link.

Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can figure out your suggestions.
That's why I asked for help cuz' I'm a total rookie here!

Jonathan N. Little

Dan wrote:

> Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can figure out your suggestions.
> That's why I asked for help cuz' I'm a total rookie here!

Well do some training first, you had to before you could get your
driver's license right?

http://www.htmldog.com

and go through the tutorials...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Outlook Express Messages Disappear, Bookmarks in Internet Explorer Disappear rchrdcarlisle@NOTyahoo.com Computer Support 19 07-30-2006 09:41 PM
The bad coder joke =D Skybuck Flying Java 20 01-28-2006 02:50 AM
VoIP and G722 audio coder uzun VOIP 0 02-07-2005 01:17 PM
Select menus above flyout menus? help? news.west.cox.net HTML 8 12-09-2004 12:54 PM
Reed-Solomon correcting code - coder/decoder in vhdl Wilq VHDL 0 05-17-2004 08:39 AM

Advertisments