Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Upgrade 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE

Upgrade 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE

Nick

I was told that the upgrades exam from 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE are not
available anymore. Is this true?

Thank you,

LarryWestMCSD

That is correct. You have to take 70-290 and 70-291 instead of 70-292, and
70-293 and 70-294 instead of 70-296. If you look at the "skills being
measured," they are 99% the same.
--
Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS

"Nick" wrote:

> I was told that the upgrades exam from 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE are not
> available anymore. Is this true?
>
> Thank you,

Ana

I begin to learn about mcse and I'll make a test to have got a certification
and I"d like know if exist this test to download for treinee

"Nick" wrote:

> I was told that the upgrades exam from 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE are not
> available anymore. Is this true?
>
> Thank you,

Ana

Hi Larry

Can I make a download this test in the internet to make a trenee

"LarryWestMCSD" wrote:

> That is correct. You have to take 70-290 and 70-291 instead of 70-292, and
> 70-293 and 70-294 instead of 70-296. If you look at the "skills being
> measured," they are 99% the same.
> --
> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS
> * always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
> * developing personal computer software since before the PC.
>

> "Nick" wrote:
>
> > I was told that the upgrades exam from 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE are not
> > available anymore. Is this true?
> >
> > Thank you,

LarryWestMCSD

Ana:
I hope you mean sample questions and not the questions that are actually on
the exam. Asking for the latter is actually asking me to violate the
copyright laws of my country and asking me to risk all of my certifications,
since that is the punishment that Microsoft metes out to those who knowingly
give out the real questions, not to mention the fines and possible jail time
I might get. Even if your country does not have copyright laws, Microsoft can
and will still remove all of your certifications and forbid you from taking
any more exams. It is really not worth it, nor is it necessary.

If you want sample questions, links to the companies that sell them, such as
MeasureUp and Transcender, are on the Microsoft certification website. They
use to offer free sample questions (perhaps they still do) to give you a
feeling for what the questions will look like. Many of the books available
for sale have sample questions also.

You will find that after a few exams, you will no longer need sample
questions as you kind of know what type of questions are going to be asked. I
suggest you do the following:
1. Read and understand the "skills being measured" section of the
Preparation Guide.
2. Ask yourself: "If I was writing a question on this topic, what would I
say?" In other words, try to put yourself in the exam writers' mind. Some
Microsoft exam writers have their own blog -- read them to see what is
important to them.
I have a blog at http://larrywest.spaces.live.com where I give more exam
study tips as well as a list of the "skills being measured" for various
exams. Somewhere on there I have a list that combines the 70-290 through
70-296 exams.
--

"Ana" wrote:

> Hi Larry
>
> Can I make a download this test in the internet to make a trenee
>
> "LarryWestMCSD" wrote:
>
> > That is correct. You have to take 70-290 and 70-291 instead of 70-292, and
> > 70-293 and 70-294 instead of 70-296. If you look at the "skills being
> > measured," they are 99% the same.
> > --
> > Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS
> > * always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
> > * developing personal computer software since before the PC.
> >

> > "Nick" wrote:
> >
> > > I was told that the upgrades exam from 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE are not
> > > available anymore. Is this true?
> > >
> > > Thank you,

Matthew Rosov

If the 296 was passed a few years back but not the 292, would all 4 still
need to be taken?

"LarryWestMCSD" wrote:

> That is correct. You have to take 70-290 and 70-291 instead of 70-292, and
> 70-293 and 70-294 instead of 70-296. If you look at the "skills being
> measured," they are 99% the same.
> --
> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS
> * always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
> * developing personal computer software since before the PC.
>

> "Nick" wrote:
>
> > I was told that the upgrades exam from 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE are not
> > available anymore. Is this true?
> >
> > Thank you,

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"Matthew Rosov" <Matthew http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I was told that the upgrades exam from 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE are not
>> > available anymore. Is this true?

>> That is correct. You have to take 70-290 and 70-291 instead of 70-292,
>> and
>> 70-293 and 70-294 instead of 70-296. If you look at the "skills being
>> measured," they are 99% the same.

> If the 296 was passed a few years back but not the 292, would all 4 still
> need to be taken?

No, once you've taken the exam, your credit for the exam is useful in
perpetuity.

It was only *access* to the exam that was retired.

So, you'll still need to take the -290 and -291, but your -296 still
provides credit for the -293 and -294.

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

TK [MCSE,MCT]

I'm not as think as I drunk you are... Me

"Ana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I begin to learn about mcse and I'll make a test to have got a
>certification
> and I"d like know if exist this test to download for treinee
>
> "Nick" wrote:
>
>> I was told that the upgrades exam from 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE are not
>> available anymore. Is this true?
>>
>> Thank you,

Nick B

Yeah, both upgrade exams retired March 2008.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...3/default.mspx

news:(E-Mail Removed)...