Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D3x buyers beware - D700x already in prototype

Nikon D3x buyers beware - D700x already in prototype

RichA

Potential Nikon D3x buyers beware - D700x is already in prototype! Compared
to the D3x, it's a no-brainer as to which is best. D700x has the same
sensor,
same AF, marginally less VF coverage, slightly slower shooting rate (4.5
fps
/6 fps in DX mode), smaller/lighter body (till you add the D700's
battpack),
same lowlight performance (like the D3x, iq is no good above 1600 ISO - if
you need high speed, D3/D700 is the way to go), slightly slower bootup
time,
almost the same lens compatibility - and an extra $4000+ in your pocket.

D3x can never sell in this economic climate, so I recommend Nikon roll out
the D700x now. That will probably mean the end of Canon DSLRs forever.
Their
**** latest version of the 5D was inferior to the D700, let alone the
D700x.
I am sick of seeing all those cream lenses at sporting events. Nikon always
had them beat lens-wise. The last good Canon camera was the A-1, and even
it wasn't reliable if the air got damp. Nikon, OTOH, have produced a superb
range of cameras, what is it now - all winners or best-in-class: S3, SP, F,
F2, F2A, F2AS, F2B, FTN, FM, F3, FG, FA, F4, F5, F6 (kinda), D3, D700.

SMS

RichA wrote:
> Potential Nikon D3x buyers beware - D700x is already in prototype!

You knew this would happen. Nikon got blindsided by Canon's 5D Mark II
which is far superior to the the D700. Alas, not sure if the D700x will
help Nikon all that much at the high end at this point in time. What
Nikon really needs to compete at the high end is a whole new line of
lenses that can match the high quality of Canon's BWLs (big white
lenses). Until Nikon comes out with a fluorite lens, they'll be unable
to make much headway at the high end.

Mark Thomas

rpds-s would have sufficed unless you are just attention seeking.

(sees poster name)
oh..

RichA wrote:
> Potential Nikon D3x buyers beware - D700x is already in prototype! Compared
> to the D3x, it's a no-brainer as to which is best. D700x has the same
> sensor,
> same AF, marginally less VF coverage, slightly slower shooting rate (4.5
> fps
> /6 fps in DX mode), smaller/lighter body (till you add the D700's
> battpack),
> same lowlight performance (like the D3x, iq is no good above 1600 ISO - if
> you need high speed, D3/D700 is the way to go), slightly slower bootup
> time,
> almost the same lens compatibility - and an extra $4000+ in your pocket.
>
> D3x can never sell in this economic climate, so I recommend Nikon roll out
> the D700x now. That will probably mean the end of Canon DSLRs forever.
> Their
> **** latest version of the 5D was inferior to the D700, let alone the
> D700x.
> I am sick of seeing all those cream lenses at sporting events. Nikon always
> had them beat lens-wise. The last good Canon camera was the A-1, and even
> it wasn't reliable if the air got damp. Nikon, OTOH, have produced a superb
> range of cameras, what is it now - all winners or best-in-class: S3, SP, F,
> F2, F2A, F2AS, F2B, FTN, FM, F3, FG, FA, F4, F5, F6 (kinda), D3, D700.

nospam

In article <dVI%k.6340$(E-Mail Removed)>, SMS
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> RichA wrote:
> > Potential Nikon D3x buyers beware - D700x is already in prototype!

> You knew this would happen.

it hasn't happened yet. it's a *rumour*.

> Nikon got blindsided by Canon's 5D Mark II
> which is far superior to the the D700.

in some ways yes, in other ways no.

> Alas, not sure if the D700x will
> help Nikon all that much at the high end at this point in time. What
> Nikon really needs to compete at the high end is a whole new line of
> lenses that can match the high quality of Canon's BWLs (big white
> lenses). Until Nikon comes out with a fluorite lens, they'll be unable
> to make much headway at the high end.

we've been through this before. both companies make excellent lenses
and flourite is not a requirement.

Eric Stevens

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 23:22:30 -0800, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <dVI%k.6340$(E-Mail Removed)>, SMS
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> RichA wrote:
>> > Potential Nikon D3x buyers beware - D700x is already in prototype!

>> You knew this would happen.

>it hasn't happened yet. it's a *rumour*.
>
>> Nikon got blindsided by Canon's 5D Mark II
>> which is far superior to the the D700.

>in some ways yes, in other ways no.
>
>> Alas, not sure if the D700x will
>> help Nikon all that much at the high end at this point in time. What
>> Nikon really needs to compete at the high end is a whole new line of
>> lenses that can match the high quality of Canon's BWLs (big white
>> lenses). Until Nikon comes out with a fluorite lens, they'll be unable
>> to make much headway at the high end.

>we've been through this before. both companies make excellent lenses
>and flourite is not a requirement.

.... unless you are making bread for Superman.

Eric Stevens

ad607@ncf.ca

"nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:091220082322305860%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <dVI%k.6340$(E-Mail Removed)>, SMS
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> RichA wrote:
>> > Potential Nikon D3x buyers beware - D700x is already in prototype!

>> You knew this would happen.

> it hasn't happened yet. it's a *rumour*.

Now don't you bring facts into a debate started by Richard Anderson, all his
"insider info" comes from $10/hour Toronto Henry's salesdroids.

Camera sales people are either failed photographers, or wannabees

Rich

On Dec 10, 9:38 am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:091220082322305860%(E-Mail Removed)...> In article <dVI%k.6340$(E-Mail Removed)>, SMS
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> You knew this would happen.

> > it hasn't happened yet. it's a *rumour*.

> Now don't you bring facts into a debate started by Richard Anderson, all his
> "insider info" comes from $10/hour Toronto Henry's salesdroids.
>
> Camera sales people are either failed photographers, or wannabees

Sorry, but some freak hijacked my name. I did not post that Nikon
rumour, but it is interesting.
Also, I believe the D3x will sell because some people need the
resolution and they won't wait for any D700x.

John Smith

Come on: "Some people need the resolution"???? 99.9999% of the prints made
in the world are 11x14 and under. Just ask ANY film lab anywhere.

Read Ken Rockwell's astute article on the D3x.

Perhaps 1/100 of 1% of us ever print larger than 16x20. Who the **** needs
25mp for anything 11x14 and under???

I'm staying with my D3 and saving $5,000

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

In article <9zU%k.18$(E-Mail Removed)>, John Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Read Ken Rockwell's astute article

you mean the guy who fabricates a lot of what he writes? that's not
what i'd call astute.

Chris H

In message <(E-Mail Removed) t>, RichA
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>D3x can never sell in this economic climate,

Absolutely... Who would buy a D3X when a entry level hasselblad is a
mere 11K GBP (15K USD?)

The D3X is aimed at the top DSLR users and the bottom end MF and studio
users. MF camera are 25-40MP

A D3x has got to be a better bet for people who use both MF and
DSLR/35mm