Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > All-in-one hanging as portrait

All-in-one hanging as portrait

Aaron Fude

Hi,

Does there exist an all-in-one (HP/Sony/Mac/Etc) that can be hung and
used in portrait, rather than landscape, mode?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

trouble

They will all work that way as long as you are lying on your side.
The real answer: LCDs that can be turned vertically for portrait orientation
are becoming scarcer as this was never a popular feature. You will have to
search one out if you need this feature.
You can attach a portrait screen to an all in one if you insist on a
computer with that idiot form factor. I would personally rather have a
laptop. You can get a tablet type laptop and turn the screen any way you
like.
Apple will be delighted to sell you one of their latest nothing in one boxes
filled with obsolete, generic hardware at ultra premium prices. It astounds
me that anyone in their right mind would pay Apple prices for a generic box
with an obsolete video card like the ATI 2600 just to run a Linux knock-off
OS in single application mode and no 64 bit support on the horizon.
Did I mention that Apple saddles users with the lowest quality LCD panels
available? Apple uses the type of panel that most consumers buy in low end
LCD monitors but convinces them that they are getting extra quality with the
Apple badge. Apple LCD panels are totally unsuited for photo editing but
Appleholics think they are indispensable.
With all that Apple sizzle surely there is steak somewhere.

Baron

Aaron Fude Inscribed thus:

> Hi,
>
> Does there exist an all-in-one (HP/Sony/Mac/Etc) that can be hung and
> used in portrait, rather than landscape, mode?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Aaron

A number of video cards have the ability to allow the image to be
rotated in 90 degree increments. If I remember correctly Open SuSE can
do this using YaST.

--
Best Reagrds:
Baron.