Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > How to avoid this glitch

How to avoid this glitch

a82422@gmail.com

Hi,guys:

I got problem about this code, dout is my output data,when I wrote the
following code, there are glitches on dout1,what should I do to avoid
them? somebody told me to use the register,but how?
thank you.

dout1 <= dout and clk;
dout2 <= (dout and clk) xor dout; // I want dout2 half clock period
after dout1

Mike Treseler

> somebody told me to use the register,but how?
> thank you.

Design synthesis code by following
a synchronous process template.
Here's how I do it:
http://mysite.verizon.net/miketreseler/

MariuszK

On 9 Gru, 18:48, Mike Treseler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > somebody told me to use the register,but how?
> > thank you.

> Design synthesis code by following
> a synchronous process template.
> Here's how I do it:http://mysite.verizon.net/miketreseler/

Mike,

I like your "programing style" instead of long unreadible process with
hundreds of signals assigments.
Do you have any others examples?
Do you have any others good, modern rules for VHDL programming?

Best regards,
Mariusz

Mike Treseler

MariuszK wrote:

> I like your "programing style" instead of long unreadable process with
> hundreds of signals assignments.

Thanks. It is an unpopular style,
but I don't like wasting code on wires.

> Do you have any others examples?

That is all of the public ones.
Write me another and I'll put it up.

> Do you have any others good, modern rules for VHDL programming?

Learn your simulator first then write code
that connotes what the logic *does*

-- Mike Treseler