Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Batteries When Using Laptop As a Desktop

Re: Batteries When Using Laptop As a Desktop

wisdomkiller & pain

> I want to use an HP laptop (Vista Home Premium), 3 G RAM, 300 G hard
> drive as my desktop. It won't ever leave the office so I want to
> leave it plugged in all the time. Is it better to run it this way
> with the battery installed or without the battery?

Some implementations of energy manager have advanced settings to set charge
thresholds. You may want to set these as low as possible (down to 40%).
That way it still works as a upc substitute.
For Li-ion accumulators, storage charge of about 40% is recommended. You
should, however, never let them discharge fully.