Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Larry Thong's Video Adventures!!

Re: Larry Thong's Video Adventures!!

Atheist Chaplain

"Larry Thong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
> something
> with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
> machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
>
> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>

hmmmm yes, I have been doing some reading on the i7, though I might just
wait a few more months before I start to seriously look at one, let them
mature just a bit first.

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

Noons

Atheist Chaplain wrote,on my timestamp of 7/12/2008 2:39 PM:
> "Larry Thong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
>> something
>> with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
>> machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
>>
>> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>
>>

> hmmmm yes, I have been doing some reading on the i7, though I might just
> wait a few more months before I start to seriously look at one, let them
> mature just a bit first.

Alternatively, let some more software be available
that can effectively use more than one core...

Pete D

"Atheist Chaplain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ghfgi1$cga$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Larry Thong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
>> something
>> with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
>> machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
>>
>> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>
>>

> hmmmm yes, I have been doing some reading on the i7, though I might just
> wait a few more months before I start to seriously look at one, let them
> mature just a bit first.
>
> --
> God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

The Mb's are asking a very large premium at the moment.

Atheist Chaplain

"Noons" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ghfkl5$mvf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Atheist Chaplain wrote,on my timestamp of 7/12/2008 2:39 PM:
>> "Larry Thong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>> It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
>>> something
>>> with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
>>> machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
>>>
>>> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>
>>>

>> hmmmm yes, I have been doing some reading on the i7, though I might just
>> wait a few more months before I start to seriously look at one, let them
>> mature just a bit first.
>>

> Alternatively, let some more software be available
> that can effectively use more than one core...

that's a given

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

Atheist Chaplain

"Pete D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:493b6419$0$3861$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Atheist Chaplain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ghfgi1$cga$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Larry Thong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>> It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
>>> something
>>> with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
>>> machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
>>>
>>> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>
>>>

>> hmmmm yes, I have been doing some reading on the i7, though I might just
>> wait a few more months before I start to seriously look at one, let them
>> mature just a bit first.
>>
>> --
>> God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?
>>

> The Mb's are asking a very large premium at the moment.

and that's all part of the maturity process, as other MB manufacturers get
in on the act, prices fall and at the same time, features rise

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?