Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Which domain registrar should I use.

Which domain registrar should I use.

Damos

Dear Masses,

I have a .net domain bought 4yrs ago and hosted by www.domaindirect.com.
Just using it to forward to my ihug home page at this stage, which it
still does and the default email forwarding also still works

Got an email a couple of weeks back reminding me that I need to renew
within 90 days but for the last couple of days www.domaindirect.com just
times out.

So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless question as
if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

Damos

Damos

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:53:05 +1300, Damos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Typical.

Now working.

Well makes it easier to transfer.

So who should I use then?

D.

> Dear Masses,
>
> I have a .net domain bought 4yrs ago and hosted by www.domaindirect.com.
> Just using it to forward to my ihug home page at this stage, which it
> still does and the default email forwarding also still works
>

> Got an email a couple of weeks back reminding me that I need to renew
> within 90 days but for the last couple of days www.domaindirect.com just
> times out.
>
> So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless question as
> if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)
>

> Damos

Carnations

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:53:05 +1300, Damos wrote:

> So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless question as
> if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

Transfer it to any .net domain registrar with a good reputation.

--
Dilger: "Microsoft is first and foremost a marketing
company that flogs third rate technology products."

Enkidu

Carnations wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:53:05 +1300, Damos wrote:
>
>> So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless
>> question as if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

> Transfer it to any .net domain registrar with a good reputation.

Typical Microsoft reply : It answers the question, but leaves the OP no
wiser than before. Just like Microsoft Help.

Cheers,

Cliff

--

Tax is not theft.

EMB

Damos wrote:
> Dear Masses,
>
> I have a .net domain bought 4yrs ago and hosted by www.domaindirect.com.
> Just using it to forward to my ihug home page at this stage, which it
> still does and the default email forwarding also still works
>

> Got an email a couple of weeks back reminding me that I need to renew
> within 90 days but for the last couple of days www.domaindirect.com just
> times out.
>
> So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless question as
> if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

1st Domains seem ok - one of my clients has several domain names
registered with them and has no hassles.

http://www.1stdomains.co.nz

Carnations

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 14:33:41 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

> Typical Microsoft reply : It answers the question, but leaves the OP no
> wiser than before. Just like Microsoft Help.

Interesting that you of all people - a M.V.P. - view Microsoft's products
and services in that manner.

--

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 15:45:47 +1300, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Damos wrote:
>> Dear Masses,
>> I have a .net domain bought 4yrs ago and hosted by
>> www.domaindirect.com.
>> Just using it to forward to my ihug home page at this stage, which it
>> still does and the default email forwarding also still works
>> Got an email a couple of weeks back reminding me that I need to renew
>> within 90 days but for the last couple of days www.domaindirect.com
>> just times out.
>> So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless question
>> as if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

> 1st Domains seem ok - one of my clients has several domain names
> registered with them and has no hassles.
>
> http://www.1stdomains.co.nz

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into them.

Current problem is cant log into my account at www.domaindirect.com

D.

Gordon

On 2008-12-07, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Carnations wrote:
>> On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:53:05 +1300, Damos wrote:
>>
>>> So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless
>>> question as if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

>> Transfer it to any .net domain registrar with a good reputation.
>>

> Typical Microsoft reply : It answers the question, but leaves the OP no
> wiser than before. Just like Microsoft Help.

And the reply has joined the Ms group.

So Cliff, who would you suggest? As in someone who can supply the OP needs

Carnations

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 04:14:18 +0000, Gordon wrote:

> So Cliff, who would you suggest? As in someone who can supply the OP
> needs

GoDaddy?

--
Dilger: "Microsoft is first and foremost a marketing
company that flogs third rate technology products."

Damos

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 17:16:42 +1300, Carnations <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 04:14:18 +0000, Gordon wrote:
>
>> So Cliff, who would you suggest? As in someone who can supply the OP
>> needs

> GoDaddy?

Thanks for the suggestion, I will also look into them.
Unfortunately I can't log into my account. Just times out.
Tried two computers and opera 9.61 and IE7
A little annoyed now

D.