Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > how can i collect information ?

how can i collect information ?

Hernán Castelo

hi,
nowadays,
we have several persons traveling the Campus,
a building with 6 floors,
retrieving information about student assistance
and dumping that information
to the assistance sheets

now,
my idea is to set up a local http server for that job
to serve a very simple page ( "name of the student", "checkbox" )
thus the person that collect assistance
thousand of studentes will not write
paper sheets any more, but click on a screen

WHAT TYPE of PC do I nedd ??? TABLET / POCKET .... ?

thanks

PD : exists, other approachs, i know
like magnetic cards.. etc
but here the university is very "gremialized"
or "sidicalisated" or whatever
taking assistance on the classroom
is the best we can do

--