Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Is 'Adright' a reserved word somewhere?

Is 'Adright' a reserved word somewhere?

JGWinster@googlemail.com

In the page below, any class name starting with "adRight" (case
sensitive) renders the div invisible - but only using FF3 when served
via my WAMP setup. If I view the same code in FF3 as a file rather
than through WAMP, it displays fine. It also displays fine with IE7
both viewed as a file or via WAMP.

Can anyone shed any light?

<head></head>

[I would expect to see divs ONE to FIVE. With FF3 through Apache, I
see ONE FOUR FIVE.]

Harlan Messinger

> In the page below, any class name starting with "adRight" (case
> sensitive) renders the div invisible - but only using FF3 when served
> via my WAMP setup. If I view the same code in FF3 as a file rather
> than through WAMP, it displays fine. It also displays fine with IE7
> both viewed as a file or via WAMP.
>
> Can anyone shed any light?

> <head></head>
>
> [I would expect to see divs ONE to FIVE. With FF3 through Apache, I
> see ONE FOUR FIVE.]

Whenever something is unexpectedly invisible and the word "ad" or
"banner" is involved, I have learned to suspect Norton Ad-blocker or
some similar software. I don't know why it would leave "adLeft"
untouched, though.

Neredbojias

On 06 Dec 2008, Harlan Messinger <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> In the page below, any class name starting with "adRight" (case
>> sensitive) renders the div invisible - but only using FF3 when served
>> via my WAMP setup. If I view the same code in FF3 as a file rather
>> than through WAMP, it displays fine. It also displays fine with IE7
>> both viewed as a file or via WAMP.
>>
>> Can anyone shed any light?

>> <head></head>
>>
>> [I would expect to see divs ONE to FIVE. With FF3 through Apache, I
>> see ONE FOUR FIVE.]

> Whenever something is unexpectedly invisible and the word "ad" or
> "banner" is involved, I have learned to suspect Norton Ad-blocker or
> some similar software. I don't know why it would leave "adLeft"
> untouched, though.

Maybe the app's a southpaw.

--
Neredbojias