Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: AMIGA!

Re: AMIGA!

Fierce Guppy

Puddle formulated the question :
> Has anyone had a look at or used AmigaOS 4?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmigaOS_4
>
> It doesn't look too bad!
>
> Ahh just the name Amiga brings back fond memories.. , though for me it was
> defending my Atari ST against the Amiga crowd...

Yeah... sorry about that.

AmigaOS4 looks beautiful and I'd purchase it in a heartbeat but for the
fact the OS is not compatible with intel hardware, and this is because
around the year 2000 a bunch of Amiga users elected to go the PowerPC
route rather than allow their Preciousss to run on the same hardware
the unwashed masses use.

Snobs.

Tony.

--