Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Remove the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon from systray

Remove the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon from systray

Denise

I don't want to hide the icon, I want to completely remove it from my
systray. Since it's part of my os, I don't want to delete the function from
my pc.

In addition, I have many old icons for programs that have been uninstalled
that are located in Past Items. How can I completely remove them?
--
Denise

Bobby Johnson

The 'Safely Remove Hardware' will disappear when all devices
associated with it are remove, otherwise your only option is
to 'Always Hide' because it is a function built into the
Operating System. It's there for a purpose and your only
option is to hide it if you don't want to see it.

Since the many old icons are hidden don't worry about them.
It should be "out of sight, out of mind" and quit
dinkering with things you don't need to dinker with!

Denise wrote:
> I don't want to hide the icon, I want to completely remove it from my
> systray. Since it's part of my os, I don't want to delete the function from
> my pc.
>
> In addition, I have many old icons for programs that have been uninstalled
> that are located in Past Items. How can I completely remove them?

Rom

See and/or try: <http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/140/1/>

--
Rom

Denise

That was a really good tip, Ron. Thanks!
--
Denise

"Rom" wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:00:00 -0800, Denise wrote:
>
> > In addition, I have many old icons for programs that have been uninstalled
> > that are located in Past Items. How can I completely remove them?

> See and/or try: <http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/140/1/>
>
> --
> Rom

Denise

What should I remove? My monitor? Or maybe my printer. How about my mouse
or keyboard? The bleeping icon should tell you what it wants a person to
remove and, in my case, they're all named above so it would be foolish to
remove any of them.

You might dinker but I clean and update.
--
Denise

"Bobby Johnson" wrote:

> The 'Safely Remove Hardware' will disappear when all devices
> associated with it are remove, otherwise your only option is
> to 'Always Hide' because it is a function built into the
> Operating System. It's there for a purpose and your only
> option is to hide it if you don't want to see it.
>
> Since the many old icons are hidden don't worry about them.
> It should be "out of sight, out of mind" and quit
> dinkering with things you don't need to dinker with!
>

> Denise wrote:
> > I don't want to hide the icon, I want to completely remove it from my
> > systray. Since it's part of my os, I don't want to delete the function from
> > my pc.
> >
> > In addition, I have many old icons for programs that have been uninstalled
> > that are located in Past Items. How can I completely remove them?

Bobby Johnson

And that is exactly why you have so many problems with your
computer. Your posts about problems indicate you do things
without really knowing what you're doing and then you expect
others to know how to fix what you have screwed up. And,
you want to fix things that don't need fixed.

The Safely Remove icon is present when you have 'removable'
items plugged in such as USB devices and removable hard
drives. The icon is there to remind you the item should not
be removed until you select the specific item and indicate
you want to remove it. If the item is being accessed by the
system and you arbitrarily unplug it, then you risk
destroying the data on the device! It's a Safety warning!

Denise wrote:

> You might dinker but I clean and update.

Drew

Left-click the icon to see what device(s) it is trying to protect you from
removing and optionally select it/them to safely remove them. When they're
all removed the icon will disappear.

HTH,
Drew

"Denise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't want to hide the icon, I want to completely remove it from my
> systray. Since it's part of my os, I don't want to delete the function
> from
> my pc.
>
> In addition, I have many old icons for programs that have been uninstalled
> that are located in Past Items. How can I completely remove them?
> --
> Denise

Denise

I did, but nothing is there.
--
Denise

"Drew" wrote:

> Left-click the icon to see what device(s) it is trying to protect you from
> removing and optionally select it/them to safely remove them. When they're
> all removed the icon will disappear.
>
> HTH,
> Drew
>
> "Denise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I don't want to hide the icon, I want to completely remove it from my
> > systray. Since it's part of my os, I don't want to delete the function
> > from
> > my pc.
> >
> > In addition, I have many old icons for programs that have been uninstalled
> > that are located in Past Items. How can I completely remove them?
> > --
> > Denise

Bobby Johnson

Then try Right clocking on the icon. There is something
causing it to be there. Some RAID cards or additional SATA
cards will give you the icon.

Denise wrote:
> I did, but nothing is there.

RE: Safely Remove Hardware Icon Doesn't Appear in Systray (Bottom Kelly Windows 64bit 0 04-27-2009 02:33 PM
Battery status icon missing from systray (Win98SE) David Computer Support 3 07-12-2005 01:23 AM
SP2 causes SysTray icon context menus to persist Mike Computer Support 0 02-25-2005 06:50 AM
Systray Icon skidaddy Computer Support 5 05-19-2004 02:52 AM
Systray Icon? Danny Rohr Firefox 0 11-27-2003 09:40 PM

Advertisments