Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > E1 from SDH MUX

E1 from SDH MUX

olalekanva@gmail.com

Hello group, Pleae I have an E1 link from an Onsite MUX. If I plug it
into a Linksys SRW224p - EU, will it work as a normal data traffic
over ethernet?

Doug McIntyre

>Hello group, Pleae I have an E1 link from an Onsite MUX. If I plug it
>into a Linksys SRW224p - EU, will it work as a normal data traffic
>over ethernet?

The SRW224p seems to be an ethernet switch, it doesn't have an E1 interface.

If you have an E1, you need a router with an E1 interface to terminate it.

A MUX in general is not a router, it usually takes a higher speed line
(ie. E3) and muxs/demuxs it down to individual E1s. Also, maybe your telco
already installed a router there as well?

You probably want to ask whoever gave you the E1 what you need for it,
just to make sure, but if you really do have an E1, you probably need
something like a cisco 1841 with a VWIC2-1FMT-T1/E1 or many other
configurations of routers with E1 interfaces..