Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Adding a second USB card?

Re: Adding a second USB card?

chuckcar

Michael A. Ball <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> When I plug a USB device into the port on the front of the computer, I
> get a message telling me the device would work better if plugged into a
> faster USB port. This is supposed to be a USB 2.x port.
>
> I have a four-port card that seems to work flawlessly. I'd like to
> ignore the front port and install a second USB 2.x card. I have the
> space, and see no problem. Is there any reason not to add a second USB
> 2.x card?

Does this look familiar to you?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 20:36:31 -0500, Michael A. Ball
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It might, if Agent, or I, could find it.

I can't find it either. Likely since I killfile Google Groups.

>If you're referring to Jeffrey3's posts, I saw them. I did not see where
>he posed the question I posed.
>
>Thanks for your help.

Chucktard will be of no help. Please feel free to ignore him.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Evan Platt wrote:

> Michael A. Ball <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> It might, if Agent, or I, could find it.

> I can't find it either. Likely since I killfile Google Groups.

Wouldn't matter. Chuckie's link takes you to Google's web site (at least
in my reader). However,

"Not Found

The requested message,
5ef27461-01f0-4758-91a4240f7301256b@...oglegroups.com, could
not be found."

> Chucktard will be of no help. Please feel free to ignore him.

<chuck-le>

--
-bts

chuckcar

Michael A. Ball <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:21:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Does this look familiar to you?

> It might, if Agent, or I, could find it.
>
> If you're referring to Jeffrey3's posts, I saw them. I did not see where
> he posed the question I posed.
>
> Thanks for your help.

So, it's not you then? It's the exact same problem. You need to remove
either the card or the drivers, and reboot to refresh the drivers. Or
your cable(s) might be the problem. You can remove the drivers in device
manager in system in control panel. All assuming you're using some version
of microsoft windows - you never say what OS you're using.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

sdlomi2

"Michael A. Ball" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 18:07:39 -0800, Evan Platt
> <evan@*******************************> wrote:
>
>>Chucktard will be of no help. Please feel free to ignore him.

> I shall.
>
> You said I couldn't add a second USB card. I'd be grateful, if you could
> give a few details on why not. >snip<

Read again--'twas his answer to your question! Different conclusion,
now, on your understanding? HTH, s

Evan Platt

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:35:22 -0500, Michael A. Ball
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You said I couldn't add a second USB card. I'd be grateful, if you could
>give a few details on why not. Somehow, I had thought there was no limit
>to how many USD devices could be added. It is just that there is a limit
>to how many USB cards can be added to the mother board?

Sorry if that was bad wording.. You asked if there was any reason you
can't add another USB card. I said nope. There's no reason you can't
add another card. You can add, if I recall 128 USB devices on a
system. I may be a bit off, but it's near 128.

chuckcar

Michael A. Ball <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 18:07:39 -0800, Evan Platt
> <evan@*******************************> wrote:
>
>>Chucktard will be of no help. Please feel free to ignore him.

> I shall.
>
> You said I couldn't add a second USB card. I'd be grateful, if you could
> give a few details on why not. Somehow, I had thought there was no limit
> to how many USD devices could be added. It is just that there is a limit
> to how many USB cards can be added to the mother board?

Of course there isn't That's why pci has irq holders. The limit *is* the
number of PCI slots and your power supply (along with space for the actual
USB plugs of course).

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Wam Uitgedroogde Slikhoer

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Michael A. Ball <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 18:07:39 -0800, Evan Platt
>> <evan@*******************************> wrote:
>>
>>> Chucktard will be of no help. Please feel free to ignore him.

>> I shall.
>>
>> You said I couldn't add a second USB card. I'd be grateful, if you
>> could give a few details on why not. Somehow, I had thought there
>> was no limit to how many USD devices could be added. It is just that
>> there is a limit to how many USB cards can be added to the mother
>> board?
>>

> Of course there isn't That's why pci has irq holders. The limit *is*
> the number of PCI slots

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You useless ****.

Juffertje ten Teringdrol

> Michael A. Ball <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:21:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Does this look familiar to you?

>> It might, if Agent, or I, could find it.
>>
>> If you're referring to Jeffrey3's posts, I saw them. I did not see
>> where he posed the question I posed.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>

> So, it's not you then? It's the exact same problem. You need to remove
> either the card or the drivers, and reboot to refresh the drivers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Evan Platt

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 03:13:48 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Of course there isn't That's why pci has irq holders.

As opposed to ISA, which has ... ummm.... wait for it...

>The limit *is* the number of PCI slots and your power supply (along with space for the actual
>USB plugs of course).

*buzz*. Wrong.