Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Client Side Scripting

Client Side Scripting

Arda

Hi there,

I have 2 textboxes one of it is full of text and the second one is empty and ready for the uesr to type exactly the same text with the first textbox. What I want is while the user is typing on the second textbox I want to compare it with the first textbox(at the same time) and if it types a different letter I want to make his/her typing in red color.

Is this possible?If yes, a piece of code will be helpful.

Best wishes,

Arda

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I don't have a piece of code, but I have done this very thing before (albeit
not to color text, but to test for "bad text" and play a sound when input).

Look for the KeyPress event in JavaScript in a search engine and you should
find some examples. If not, I can see if I can dig up the application I
wrote to capture KeyPress events.
--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA