Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ASA ssh login privilege level not set correctly

ASA ssh login privilege level not set correctly

Tilman Schmidt

When I log in via ssh to an ASA configured with

aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL
aaa authorization command LOCAL
username user password pass privilege 15

I don't get privilege level 15 as I should. I have to execute the
"login" command explicitly (giving the same username and password I
already used for the ssh connection). Then the prompt changes and
privileged commands work.

On IOS routers this works as expected, ie. the ssh login directly
gives me a privileged prompt.

Am I doing something wrong? Is that a known bug/feature?

Thanks,
Tilman

--
Please excuse my bad English/German/French/Greek/Cantonese/Klingon/...