Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Mapping Problem

Mapping Problem

rangaprasad rangaprasad is offline
Junior Member

Hello All,
I have a substitute block in my design where 128 bit data is replaced by other 128 bit data. I have implemented a simple look up table with case statement to just assign output to the new value to be substituted. When I implement the design alone, the MAP process is assigning the block to 4 256 * 8 bit ROMs and both behavioral and place and route simulation are working fine. But when I implement the same design in a project where I have instantiated the substitute block, the MAP process is assigning the same to BLOCK RAM of 256 * 8 which has clock input (I did not send the clock to this module at all) and enable input. It is taking the enable pin from some other module which is no way in connection with this block.
Can I somehow say MAPPER that to assign this block to ROMs instead of RAMs? or any other solution? I am using XILINX 10.1.3 and device family is XC3S1500-4FG456.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Good luck with this question. Even I don't understand what you are doing and I'm an MSEE. How about some more background on the tools you are using? Do you have some links?

Mapping problem with ADO.NET - PLEEZ HALP!!! none@no.com ASP .Net 1 03-24-2006 05:24 AM
Problem mapping some folders? =?Utf-8?B?QXN5bHVt?= Wireless Networking 1 03-26-2005 04:40 PM
ISE Mapping problem Yaseen Zaidi VHDL 1 10-25-2004 02:58 PM
Pix to pix vpn problem, mapping windows drive Jo Christian Buvarp Cisco 1 06-21-2004 04:47 PM
Number to big decimal mapping problem in ejb Binu jose Java 0 07-02-2003 04:02 PM

Advertisments